chapter 4

As the next week went by, Bakugou had slowly forgotten how it felt to be touched by another person. He found himself touching his own cheek or rubbing his arms just to feel something. He would never admit that Todoroki was right.

And yet, he found himself drawn towards him. Maybe its just because the presence of another person was comforting now.

"Bakugou, have the teachers found out anything about it?" Kirishima asks at lunch, knocking on the shield.

"Stop doing that. And no." He says.

"Really? Can't they just look through the school records and see who has a quirk like that?" Deku asks.

"Well I'm sure they've been doing that, and they just haven't found anyone." Todoroki says.

"Man, that sucks." Kaminari says, and Bakugou shrugs.

"It's not that bad." He lies. "I can handle it."

Todoroki looks at him skeptically, and Bakugou glares back. Todoroki doesn't need to be in his business about every fucking thing.

After lunch, Todoroki stops him.

"What?" Bakugou asks, glaring at him again.

"Are you actually okay with that shield?" Todoroki asks.

"I'm fine. Fuck off." Bakugou lies again. He can't tell him that he's forgetting the feeling. He can't tell him how much he wishes he could be hugged or slapped or kicked.

"Whatever you say." Todoroki says, rolling his eyes. "Don't forget what I said."

"Yeah whatever, I'll be fine."

-

"Bakugou, come here a minute." Aizawa says during training. Bakugou is doing endurance training yet again. He's come up with a schedule. He does endurance twice a week, and fucks around with his quirk the other days.

"Yeah?"

"We've found numerous people with shield quirks, and none are quite like this one. We're afraid that it might take a longer time to find this person since they might be a villian or someone who snuck in." His teacher explains. Bakugou's heart drops to his stomach.

"So, how much longer would it be?" He asks, hoping there's not any hints of disappointment or desperation in his voice.

"3 weeks at the earliest, we're assuming." Aizawa says. "I'm sorry this happened to you."

"Oh, it's alright. I'll be fine." Bakugou says.

"Good. You can skip out on training for today if you want." Aizawa tells him. They have about twenty minutes left of the day anyways.

"Alright, thank you." Bakugou says, and leaves for the locker room.

When he gets to the locker room, he slams the door so loudly he's afraid the wood might've cracked. What are those fuckers even doing? It took them a whole damn week to even compile a list of suspects, and none of them are it? And it could take three whole fucking weeks and possibly more to fix this? He's not just mad, he's furious. He's furious at his teachers, the one who did this to him, he's furious at everyone.

He gets dressed quickly, and slams his locker door shut. He slams the door to the locker room as he leaves again, and tries to walk down the hallway like he doesn't want to beat up anyone who looks at him. As if he could even beat them up, nonetheless TOUCH them.

The bell rings right as he walks out of school. The walk to the dorms calms him down a little, but not much.

Why does everything always have to happen to him? He gets kidnapped, he ends All Might, he has to deal with Deku for what seems the rest of his life, and now this. Why is it always him? Have it happen to fucking Kaminari or someone. Maybe he actually has bad karma from the stuff he did in middle school. He didn't wanna think about it anymore.