chapter 2

A little later, Bakugou is in the kitchen getting something from the fridge. He's gotten all his homework done, and just wants some time to relax and watch TV.

"Hey, Bakugou." Kirishima says, attempting to put his hand on Bakugou's shoulder, but his hand didn't even get close. "What the fuck?"

"Hm? What is it?" Bakugou asks.

"Dude. Let me try to touch you." Kirishima says, reaching out for him.

"Hell no. Hands to yourself." Bakugou says, shrinking back.

"Just let me do it!" Kirishima says, darting forward. He tries to smack Bakugou in the arm, but instead hits a invisible sheild that turns a bubblegum pink on impact.

"What the hell?" Bakugou says. He reaches out to touch Kirishima, but is stopped by the sheild. Kirishima scratches his head.

"What quirk is this?"

"I don't fucking know." Bakugou says. "Can I still pick shit up?" He picks up a random banana on the counter. Looks like he still can.

"We should tell Aizawa about this." Kirishima says. "Maybe he'll be able to take it off."

"Yeah, okay." Bakugou says. He feels like the luckiest person in the world. This way he won't be annoyed by that damn candycane's touch.

Kirishima comes back with Aizawa. "What happened here, Bakugou?"

"I don't know. I came home and he tried to touch me and he couldn't." Bakugou explains.

"Here, look at me." Aizawa says. Bakugou looks him in the eye, and feels his quirk being taken away. His teacher blinks, and it comes back. Kirishima tries to touch him again, and is still unable.

Aizawa sighs. "We'll investigate this further, Bakugou. You'll be okay for awhile like this, right?" Bakugou nods in response. Best day ever.

A couple hours later, Bakugou is sitting downstairs watching TV. Kirishima's probably told everyone by now, so he's just waiting to be questioned.

"Kacchan! Is it true theres a sheild around you?" Right on que, Deku comes running down the stairs.

"Yeah, fuck off."

Deku pokes at the shield, and it glows pink in the spot of impact.

"Quit it!" Bakugou tries to smack his hand away, but forgets he can't and smacks the shield instead. It looks as if the shield can sense human contact by about 6 inches.

"Bakugou, you really have a shield now?" Kaminari asks. Most of the extras are downstairs now, crowding Bakugou.

"Yeah." He answers.

"Do you think you can break it?" Ashido asks.

"I don't know, I haven't tried." Bakugou says.

"We should try it." Todoroki says. Of course HE would want the shield to break.

Everyone else agrees, and suggest they go outside and try even though its dark out. Bakugou complies, because Aizawa would want him to, and the extras would suggest it to him tommorow.

"I'll go first!" Deku says enthusiastically. He always wants a chance to try out his quirk.

"You do that." Bakugou says with a bored expression.

Deku charges his first. It looks like he's using about 20% of One For All. He punches, and the shield glows pink. It didn't even crack.

"I'll go!" Kaminari says. "1 million volts!" He yells, and everyone screams in protest. No one is down to get shocked like that, and Kaminari pouts.

"I'll go." Ashido offers. She's strong, and has a good quirk. Maybe her acid'll melt it.

She uses her acid shot, and it doesn't even TOUCH the shield. She pelts Bakugou with it instead.

"Fuck, ow." Bakugou curses. He was able to dodge most of the other shots after the first one hit him.

"So, objects and some of our quirks can go through it, and Deku couldn't even break it..." Yaoyorozu deduces.

"I'll have a go." Satou says, pouring sugar packets in his mouth. He punches the shield over and over, but nothing happens. Not even a crack. 

Bakugou isnt disappointed. He was more relieved, actually. Having this shield that only prevented people from touching him was great. Everyone went back inside, talking about how weird the situation was. They're right. It IS weird.

"Bakugou." Todoroki calls out to him.

"What do you want now?" The blonde boy snarls at him. He's tired of everyone talking to him.

"Are you really okay with this?" Todoroki asks.

"Yeah. Actually, I'm grateful. Now I won't have bastards like you feeling me up 24/7."

"Bakugou-"

"Save it, I'm going to bed." He turns away from Todoroki and walks up the stairs. This is good. It's better than good. Now maybe people will leave him alone.