Chapter Twenty-Six - Goodbye Goodbye

Start from the beginning

“Hi Caroline what’s the story of the day” I say sarcastically.

“I am coming with you guys, Diana invited me” Caroline says.

What? Diana invited her. It’s not Diana’s party and Caroline is extremely annoying and loves to start drama for no reason. I must admit she has been good as of late, but I still don’t trust the girl.

“I see, well hop in” I say.

“Great thanks” Caroline says.

Caroline hops in the car and slams the door. I cringe because if she scratches or damages the car I will be angry, because at the end of the day it’s my mum’s car. Caroline starts talking about her day and how hard she has had it. I tune out because I can’t be bothered talking to her. Finally Diana walks out the front door. She looks stunning; she is wearing a short white dress and her hair is up in like a bun. She looks smart but also looks so perfect. I am amazed at how a girl so beautiful is with me. I look at my face in the rear view mirror. I think I look pretty good but standing next to her she looks like a model.

“Relax man she is fully all yours” Caroline says.

“I know I am just amazed by her looks” I say.

“I can see that your breaking a sweat and I bet your wondering how you got a girl that looks like that,” Caroline says.

Mind reader all of a sudden. Whatever Caroline just keep silent in the backseat and try not to talk to us. Diana gets into the passenger seat next to me. I lean over and kiss her perfect lips. Both of us smile.

“You look amazing Diana,” I say.

“Thank you Tyler and so do you” Diana says.

We both giggle at each other’s compliments. Such a cliché couple, and you know what I am cool with that. I have a beautiful girlfriend and a great life. Who cares if it’s like everyone else? I am happy.

We arrive at Brooke’s house for the party and start walking into the party. Caroline disappears as soon as we are inside. God knows where she’s going and honestly I am positive no one cares. I see Brooke in a wheelchair from a distance. I feel a stabbing pain in my stomach. I can’t handle what happened to Brooke I am happy she is leaving not because I don’t want to spend time and see her but more so because she can have a fresh start. It will be good for her. I walk up to Brooke with Diana. We are both smiling.

“Hi Brooke” I say.

“Hello Brooke” Diana says.

“Hey guys” Brooke says ecstatically.

It’s good to see Brooke smiling and being happy. Quite a few people have ended up coming and I am glad to see that she will be missed by all these people.

“Looks like a lot of people showed up” I say.

“I know It’s exciting” Brooke says, “Saxon, Dean and Jacinta are out the backyard”

“Alright we will catch up with you later” I say.

Someone distracts Brooke it’s new people showing up to see her. I grab Diana’s hand and smile at her, she smiles back and I start walking us out to Brooke’s backyard. I see the three of them in the corner of the backyard chatting away. Diana and I walk up to the three of them. They instantly smile. We end up chatting about nothing important for quite awhile.