Chapter 9: An Old Problem for a New Generation

Danny was laying with Sam when his ghost sense went off. Danny woke up and saw something he wasn't awake enough to deal with.

"Let me go." A little girls voice giggled.

"Seriously Klemper, let her go." Danny sighed as he slowly sat up and Klemper made the itty bitty girl do a flip and land in Danny's arms safely as she giggled.

"Daddy that was fun." The little girl giggled and Danny smirked.

"Nova what are you doing out of bed?" Danny asked and this woke Sam up as she looked at her daughter. Just then a young boy who was about 7 came rushing in tiredly as there was a familiar face chasing him.

"DOWN BOY!" The boy shouted.

"Heel Cujo!" Danny demanded and the ghost dog calmed down and sat still. The boy then looked to Danny.

"Dad there's a bunch of ghosts roaming around the house because apparently Nova opened the doors and said our home is theirs." The boy snapped.

"Nova Aurora Fenton." Sam sighed in frustration and Nova giggled nervously.

"I mean, she said it because I've said it before. Most of the ghosts don't usually take the invitation though." Danny sighed as he rubbed his eyes.

"It wasn't an inbidation." Nova said shyly and Danny looked to her with a raised eyebrow. "I said," Nova then got really loud as she smiled and giggled while yelling. "YOUR PRINCESS DEMANDS DAT YOU ALL JOIN US IN OUR HOME CAUSE OUR HOME IS YOURS!!!!"

Danny couldn't help it. He just started laughing and Sam shook her head with a smirk.

"I told you that telling her she was an actual princess would cause issues." Sam sighed and Danny nodded as he calmed down.

"This IS'NT funny. I am covered in ghost dog slobber!" The boy snapped and Danny looked to him with a smirk.

"Welcome to my life Edgar." Danny sighed.

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME EDGAR!!?" The boy snapped.

"Sorry, sorry, Eddie." Danny apologized as he knew that his son hated being called by his actual name. He named his first born a very specific way. He happened to be born on the day that all of the issues originally started with the demons so, although it worried him, Danny named him after the two strongest men he had ever met. His first name was Sam's choice of course, so it had nothing to do with anybody, but he ended up getting two middle names as a result of that because Danny wouldn't sway. He named his son Edgar Jackson Pariah Fenton. The thing that hurt Danny though was that Edgar never accepted the name Pariah. He wanted to wait though to tell his son about why he was named the way he was till his son was ready for the mature story.

"Dad, the house is filled with glowing green weirdos." Eddie said this and Danny got immediately frustrated and he went ghost in front of Eddie and went over to him.

"Just because your glow is purple, it doesn't mean you can talk about the people who you are supposed to eventually take care of in any negative light. You have NO IDEA how much they've done to make sure that you are alive today. Trust me, you wouldn't be here without them." Danny drew the line immediately and Eddie felt a little bad.

"We're all freaks Dad and you KNOW that I'm totally cool with that, but they're in our house at 3 in the morning. We don't even need a light on because they've lit the house enough to make it seem like we're awake." Eddie changed his tone and Danny nodded and turned to Nova.

"You're the one who ordered for them to be here, you have to tell them that it's their choice and that they didn't have to." Danny said and Nova looked like she felt bad.