I didn't get to know what that meant as my ability to be fully aware was worn away from Adrian's kisses which I could drown in an not have a care in the world.

Maybe he was right angels aren't supposed to fall in love with devils, because they become sinners very quickly.

When I finally came down from my elation Adrian was above me smiling while playing with a piece of my dark hair, then I looked up at his, and saw it to be all messy.

"Did. Did I do that?" I ask smiling up at him while pointing to his hair.

"Exactly how bad is it?" he asks and his accent made an appearance.

"I will let you decide that" I say and his expression became one of playful seriousness.

Adrian pushed off the couch and walked away towards the hallway where a bathroom was and I watched as he turned on the light followed by five seconds of silence.

"Olivia Aubrey Thorne, what in the fuck have you done to my hair" he says now fully British.

Uh oh.

He then stepped out of the bathroom, and based on the look on his face I decided I should probably run.

I quickly stood up and walked behind the couch putting a division between us.

"You have made my beautiful hair look like some sort of black spiky arrangement" Adrian says with a devilish smirk.

"Beautiful? Not quite the word I'd use it maybe haphazard" I muse.

Slowly nodding Adrian looks up at me.

"That's it come here", and with that I ran around the couch and up the stairs with him closely following and it was then that I realized I was only going to get so far, so I all but dove into his room and put my bodyweight against the black wooden door but to no avail as he used one hand to open it.

"Now why would you run from me" he laughs, and I slowly begin to walk away while laughing at the state of his hair which is quite messy, more so now that he ran after me.

"Stay away, I don't know what you're thinking but don't" I warn attempting to be serious but I couldn't.

"I'm going to deny your request" Adrian says before pulling me towards him with my back to his chest, while his face was lit up by the New York lights as we ended up stopping in the solarium in the corner of his penthouse.

"You've caught me now what".

"Now" he begins turning me around, making it so I had to look up at him. "I get to enjoy looking at how beautiful you are because there has to be at least one of us that is the better looking one".

"I though you were confident with how you looked".

"Oh I am. Just not arrogant, or vain".

"You could probably throw flashy into that list" I say.

"Oh yes, because a Pagani is subtle".

"Adrian you surround yourself with history, style, and class, it's not like you have gold plated vehicles, and you don't wear hoodies with massive logo's".

"What are you saying?".

"I'm saying that your old money, and it's a good thing I don't think I could handle you if you were constantly flexing" I say, and he smirks.

"I own one diamond covered watch, just so you know" Adrian says letting go of me and walking to the window to look over the millions of New York lights.

"And I'm sure it has a purpose" I say joining him by the window.

"Yes it does" Adrian affirms his eyes not moving from the city before him and I thought back to the picture I had written on of him doing this exact thing.

"Why do you look over New York like this?".

"This city reminds me of who I am, and what my parents built, the city of dreams" he says turning to look at me and I attempt to not enjoy how the moonlight makes his facial features seem so much sharper.

"And who are you then?".

"The evolution of an empire that culminated to me, this city reminds me that I embody the Winters Family legacy".

"One I'm sure you will prove to be a part of" I assure, and he smiles down at me.

"I'm glad that someone has faith in me" Adrian says looking out at New York at the dark and unused Winters Group Headquarters, and I follow his gaze to the tower that I imagine him standing at the top floor of in a few years time as the CEO of one of the largest multi international corporations in the entire world.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, I attempt to make them interesting also warning for a surprise in the next chapter, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌