Twenty-Four

Blair was sitting on my bed, flipping through magazines while I put on my shoes. She came over complaining about Sebastian. I stopped listening when I realized how ridiculous it was. There was a knock on the door, getting both of our attention. We both looked over, leaning against the doorway. "We should go get coffee, and do some talking." Serena said and I felt my eyes narrow.

"What are you up to?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just love and support my two lovely best friends and want to spend some time with them."

Blair and I looked at each other before looking back at Serena. "Using a very generous grading curve and rounding up because I like your outfit, that lie was a C-plus at best." Blair stated.

"Come on, seriously, what's going on?"

Serena sighed walking over to sit on the bed between Blair and I. She looked down at her hands and it took her a minute to say anything. "It's something I've been wanting to talk to you both about for a while now." She paused and I looked at Blair confused. "I've been posting on Gossip Girl as Gossip Girl for a couple of months now."

Shock instantly filled the room. "What?" Blair asked, breaking the silence.

"How is that possible?" I asked.

"When Georgina left town, she gave me her laptop, and it had a direct link to the Gossip Girl server, passwords, the software, everything."

"Sweetie, you had me at Georgina. But I can't believe it. W-why didn't you tell us?" I asked and Serena finally looked up from her hands.

"I don't know. I felt like it was something I had to keep secret from everyone. I mean, my best friends, even. I-I know it was wrong, and I'm so sorry."

"What she means is that we could've helped." Blair stated and I nodded.

"Sealing fates, forging destinies Like an imperious Greek goddess, imposing her will on the guileless masses." I could hear the excitement rising in my voice.

"But I was wondering why Gossip Girl was being so nice to me lately. And a little off her game. No offense." Blair stated and this time the only one confused was Serena.

"Wait, so--so you're not mad?" Serena asked.

"We are furious with you for not sharing your good fortune and omnipotence." I stated and she didn't look any less confused.

"But right now, I have to go replace my mother's La Mer before she returns from Paris and discovers that I've used it all." Blair stated, standing up from bed.

Serena quickly stood up. "Wait. Let me do that for you-- my first act of contrition."

"Please. You think I'm cashing in your Gossip Girl guilt chip on some overpriced eye cream?" Blair grabbed the bottle she had next to her purse. "Plus, Lena, had an unopened bottle. I'll think of something more useful." She smirked, walking out of the room.

"I should go too, but have fun repenting." I stood up, leaning over to kiss her cheek.

"I will." Serena said as I walked out of the room.

I made it outside to see Chuck's limo sitting outside. He got out of the limo and I could see the worry all over his face. "Chuck? How are you doing? You didn't call me." I stated, walking over to him.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I have to find a way to stop my father from leaving tonight." Chuck stated and I looked at him confused.

"Leaving? But you just found him."

"He left to keep me safe. Now it's my turn to save him. Is there anywhere you have to be right now?" I quickly shook my head and we both got into the limo together.