Eighteen

"You kissed Dan!" Blair shouted, making Dorota jump slightly with the tray in her hands.

"This is so funny." Sebastian laughed from his chair across from us.

"This isn't funny." I stated.

"You. Kissed. Dan." Blair said again like she was waiting for the 'just kidding'.

"It's like I keep setting myself. Every time I think I know something, I do something to screw it up. Dan and I have been through a lot and I don't know if it's more." I fell back on the couch.

"Dan Humphrey?" Blair asked again.

"Oh my God, Blair!" I snapped glaring at her.

"I'm sorry, but Lena, can you honestly tell me that you feel something for him?" Blair asked and I sighed.

"I don't know!" I yelled. "That's why I'm here!" I sighed, sitting up to grab some tea. "Now, we all have to go to Cece's wake. Blair, you are to make sure Dan keeps his distance, and Sebastian, you are in charge of making sure Chuck keeps his distance."

They both looked at me confused. "Why would we do that?" Sebastian asked.

"To Chuck?" Blair quickly added before I could say anything.

"I just need some time and I don't want anyone to cloud my judgment, but I can't bail on this." I stated, looking over at Sebastian until he nodded and then over to Blair waiting for her. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. "Blair!"

She sighed. "Fine!" Blair finally caved and I just sighed. This is just going to be a ball of fun.

*Sebastian*

I stood in CeCe's wake next to Blair keeping an eye on Lena. She was making small talk and I could tell she was miserable. She can't even fake it anymore. I saw Chuck making his way through the crowd. "I'm up first." Sebastian quickly stepped in front of Chuck, stopping him. "Don't do it."

"Sebastian, what are you doing?" Chuck asked.

"Strict orders. Lena needs space."

"I've given her space."

Chuck tried to walk past me and I quickly put my hand up to stop him. "Listen, I don't know what she's thinking." Chuck sighed, looking down. "Do you remember the summer after high school and she was so stressed that she made you sit in a shoe store with her for five hours just to finally leave with none of them?"

Chuck smiled thinking back on the memory. "Yeah, she said I was standing too much and threatened to glue my butt to a chair." His smile faded. "Ever since the accident, I've been blaming myself, blaming Louis, but it was Humphrey behind it all."

"It's not that simple. Chuck, you and Lena have a past, but in order to have a future, there can't be a shed of doubt, confusion, or worry in either of you. So, give her space. Prove that you love her more than you care about yourself." Chuck sighed before nodding and walking away.

I let out a deep breath, walking over to Blair. "How did it go?" Blair asked, crossing her arms.

"Better than I thought." I stated.

Blair patted my chest. "Bet I can do better." She smirked at me walking away. She's going to be mean. I almost feel sorry for him.

*Blair*

I walked over to Lena, who was just standing there drinking all alone. It was, honestly, kind of sad. "I feel so bad for Serena. Death of a grandparent can be very hard." Lena stated and I put my hand on her back.