Seven

I walked down the stairs to see Chuck standing there. I could tell by his face something was wrong. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked and this overwhelming panic ran through me.

"How did you find out?" I asked.

"Does it matter?"

I quickly shook my head, feeling tears run down my cheeks. "I'm sorry. Please. Please don't hate me." I begged and Chuck put his hand on my cheek, wiping away my tears.

"I would never hate you." Chuck stepped closer to me. "You only did what you thought was best."

~~~

I shot up in bed, removing my eye mask. Rose walked over, setting down my breakfast. "Mr. Chuck in dream again?" Rose asked and I sighed.

"When Chuck's in them, they're all nightmares." I stated, moving to lean against my headboard.

"What he do now?"

"Behave like a perfect gentleman, which makes him even more chilling. That fake apology of his has permeated my subconscious and haunts me even when I sleep."

"Apology not seem so fake to me."

"That's because English is your second language. As the wedding draws closer, he's trying to make me question my decision to choose Louis." Rose gave me a questioning look and I quickly shook my head. "But I have no questions. And with Louis in Italy overseeing trade negotiations, I'm not going to let anything interrupt my week of relaxation, nesting, and serenity." I took the paper off my breakfast tray and I was Chuck on the front page. I sighed, throwing it on the ground. "Especially not Chuck Bass' faux-lanthropy." I quickly got out of bed. "Grab the bread. Not even Chuck's media mind games can disrupt the calm I feel while feeding the ducks." I stated, going into the bathroom to get dressed.

~~~

I walked through the part with Rose holding the bread. It was nice being outside. In the fresh air. Away from the lies and all things Chuck. "Isn't this nice? We're communing with nature, finding our inner peace, and I'll still make my afternoon prenatal massage." I stated, stopping dead in my tracks when I was Chuck with a duck taking photos. "Slow news cycle?" I complained, looking at Rose.

Chuck walked over to me. "What are you doing here? Our treaty of 2010 clearly states the duck pond is my domain." I heard a little dog noise from Monkey and he was looking at me with those eyes trying to play me as hard as Chuck right now. "Don't try to fool me with your puppy dog eyes. I'm not falling for it."

"I apologize for the intrusion, but your limp-winged friend here waddled into the dog park and was about to become a Labrador's lunch." Chuck stated.

"And out of the goodness of your heart, you came to his rescue."

"I like duck a l'orange as much as the next person, but it seemed cruel to let the poor creature suffer."

I scoffed. "Especially in front of a photographer. What a lucky duck."

"I've imposed on your domain long enough already. If you'll excuse me, Monkey needs his constitutional." Chuck walked away and I sighed, looking back at Rose.

"How much more do you need to see?" I asked and she looked at me confused.

"Of duck pond? It not really my thing to begin with."

"Of Chuck trying to manipulate me into believing he's become a good person. He all but physically pushed me into being with Louis, but now for some reason, he's trying to make me second-guess myself. I can't allow it."