Chapter 16

So that thing I promised to do didn't really work out. I ended up being super busy. Sorry :/

AS ALWAYS THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3333333333333333333

__________________________________

I glance out my window to see storm clouds rolling in.

I look back to the papers I'm correcting. I come to Hermione Grangers, I roll my eyes as I give her yet again another perfect score.

A breeze shuffles my papers around my desk and I sigh in frustration. I stand up and walk to the window.

I pause my fingers about to slam it shut, but my eyes wander down towards Hagrids Hut as I see the one and only Hermione Granger punch Draco Malfoy square in the nose.

I can't help but giggle a little. The little twerp deserved it. Always making fun of her, call her names. 

My eyes glanced to the forest. 

I don't believe what I see. His grey eyes. I'd know them from anywhere.

I squeeze my eyes shut as my heart sinks. I open them again to see him gone.

I close the window, and make my way back to my desk sitting down. A few minutes later I stand back up looking out the window again.

I pace back and forth in front of the window trying to decide what I was to do about this situation. 

I may have told Remus that I'm all right... but the truth was I am miserable. There is not one day that goes by that I don't think about my Sirius.

I quickly decide my fate and grab my wand shoving it into my robe pocket. 

I swiftly walk out of my office and classroom and I start down the hallway to the front entrance of the castle.

I look over my shoulder as the sun starts setting.

I push the doors of the castle open and I sprint across the grounds into the forbidden forest.

I walk through the trees my head whipping in every direction. 

"Sirius." I hiss. "I know you're here.

I hear brief rustling behind me and I turn around pointing my wand in that direction. 

"Please." I whisper my voice trembling.

I know I'm on the verge of breaking. All this being strong, and pretending to not be hurt was all stupid to me now. I just wanted Sirius to hold me and to tell me it would all be all right.

"Rose." A voice said shakily.

I turn around again coming face to face with the man I love so much.

"Sirius." I breath.

I don't hesitate to run to him wrapping my arms around him.

He wraps his arms around me holding me tightly.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He whispered kissing my hair.

I sob silently. Tears running down my face into Sirius's Azkaban uniform.

"Shhhh. I know baby. I know." He whispers rubbing my back soothingly.

My teeth clench as memories come flooding back to me. He was so close to leaving me alone forever. And he didn't even tell me. 

I push myself away from him rubbing the tears from my eyes.

"You're an a*shole." I hiss at him.

He tries to pull me back in his arms, but I pound my fists at his chest. "I hate you." I hiss again my eyes glaring daggers.

"You don't mean that." He says attempting to hug me again.

"How do you know?"

"If you hated me you wouldn't have walked up to that window a second time." He said softly.

My fists unclenched. "You made sure I saw you on purpose?"

He nodded. "I made a mistake Rose. One of my many. But do you know what I remember from all the mistakes I've made over the years?"

"What?" I ask my eyes softening.

"You being right there beside me." He says putting his hands on my hips and pulling me closer.

I look into those grey eyes and I see the boy I met on the train so many years ago.

"I love you Rose. More than anything."

"I love you too." I whisper.

He leans down and he kisses me softly. 

A grin slowly spreads across my face.

We both pull back and smile at each other.

"I can't stay long..." 

These words pierce through my heart. "W-what? W-why?" I ask

"I'm currently in a plan trying to prove myself innocent. And trying to kill that bloody wormtail. It's to dangerous for you-"

"D*mn it Sirius." I say interrupting his sentence. "I"m not a child."

"I'm just trying to look out for you."

"You stopped doing that when you left me." I hissed my heart breaking yet again.

"I didn't want to do that Rose. You know I had too."

"No. You didn't have to go after wormtail. You didn't have to leave me!" I yell tears streaming down my face.

Sirius looked at me eyes full of concern, "Show me your wrist Roselyn." 

My eyes widen and I take a step back. 

"Roselyn." He growled. "Show me your wrist. D*mn it."

I step back again but he grabs my hand pulling me back yanking up my sleeve.

"Rose..." He whispered as he looked at all the scars that were up and down my arm.

"I promised I'd stop if you were with me, if you were there to protect me. You weren't there Sirius." I say quietly.

I know these words hurt him the most as he looks up into my eyes.

"Please. Baby." He says softly pulling my sleeve back down. "After tonight I promise everything will be better."

"You've promised before." I say.

"Rose. Trust me. You're the only thing I have to look forward to in this life. I'll be d*mned if I lose you again."