Which means Ricco never said anything, at least he took that secret to his grave. Or maybe he didn't tell them purposefully. Because if he did, they would be wanting to kill her right now rather than protect her and as a man knowing how it felt to love her, he wouldn't dare risk that possibility.

Though he still had a problem. There was no way they were going to let it go. In their eyes she was their potential Queen and if a Don's men didn't have any respect for their Don, they definitely had it for their Queen. As royal as it sounds, it was like this.

Luciano took a step forward and said, "She is not negotiable" He said it in a way that would have held many meanings, bad or good. Santino lowered the gun and took a step forward as well, holding his ground.

"Then we have a problem"

"I guess we do," Luciano replied and Santino stepped back with a chuckle.

"See you soon Don Rossi" Santino nudged his head and they began following him out and Adriano turned to face Luciano.

"Go" Luciano said, knowing that's what Adriano was waiting for. Adriano gestured for his men to follow and they all did. Luciano wouldn't have thought that they would want Teresa in honor of Rico. But they did and he wouldn't let them take her, because he knew one way or another the truth would come out and he wasn't going to let them harm her or his baby when it did. He knew they would do anything to get her. Especially since they thought Luciano was holding her hostage or even worse, torturing her. Just another threat he had to diffuse. This time, he'll diffuse it with quickness and efficiency and he knew Adriano would get it done.

-

After Teresa washed her face and her mouth, she turned to Laura who was still there and thanked her. She walked out, not having anything else to say but Laura followed her. "What do I have to do?" She asked, folding her arms and Teresa turned around confused.

"What do I have to do to earn your trust? Your friendship?" Teresa stood there, speechless. For a second she didn't realize Laura did say it. Like it was something she imagined.

Teresa opened her door, waiting for her to walk out and with a huff, she did.

Teresa locked her door, not wanting her to go through her things again. She didn't know what Laura's motives were but she did know that as long as she was in love with Luciano, they couldn't get along or be friends.

-

Adriano paced back and forth, smacking her forehead and swearing repeatedly. He stared at the wrecked car below them, the bodies on the ground, bullet holes through their heads, legs and stomach. All of them, but one.

Santino, the new Don.

One of the men came by, staring as well with a sigh. "He may have gotten in another car. He suspected this" Adriano nodded and patted his back, walking away and then he halted, with a huff as his phone rang.

Bad news Luciano.

He answered and heard " Done?"

"No" He responded and Luciano threw his coat to the ground, pissed.

"He took another vehicle. He's still out there" He explained and Luciano swore.

"He won't be coming any time soon. He has to settle as the new Don. We should expect them" He explained and Adriano nodded, noticing he couldn't see him.

"Luciano, Teresa. Are you-"

"No" He interrupted and his voice lowered as he said, " Stress isn't good for her pregnancy"

Adriano chuckled through the phone and sighed, happily. "You're going to be one hell of a father" Luciano smirked as he pulled up the camera fees of Teresa. Laying down, sound asleep.

"I hope so," He mused quietly.

He hung and walked downstairs and was stopped by his ex who was staring at him concerned. "You look stressed. You okay?" She questioned as he grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"Nothing I can't handle. Tell me about this thought you had earlier" He said, quickly switching the topic and she perked up, being reminded. She sat on the stool as he took a swig and she smiled, leaning forward.

"You, me and Italian food" He chuckled, understanding what she didn't say. A date.

"Laura I told you-"

"Just friends" He raised his eyebrow, not expecting her to say that. Truthfully she hasn't pushed up on him like she did when she first arrived. He didn't see why not.

"How about the day after tomorrow? I'm taking Teresa baby shopping and no details!" She quickly said, cutting off his advances. He nodded though.

"I accept these terms then" He grinned, and she pushed off the table, walking away as he stared after her.

She amused him greatly. She was different. However it was only a reason why he became more cautious of her. Not himself, he could take care of himself, but around Teresa. He was definitely going to have Adriano follow along with this baby shopping. He trusted no one more with the life of Teresa and his child. Furthermore, he was the only one Luciano trusted.

Walking upstairs, he turned the knob to Teresa's room, only to find it locked. Apparently he wasn't the only one who was cautious of Laura. Using his own key, he unlocked it, pushing it open, standing in the doorframe, taking another swig of his beer, that he rarely drank.

He was a wine man.

Staring at her, he could only think, imagine how she would look in a wedding dress. A perfectly custom designed, beautiful and expensive wedding dress. Her bright smile, her beautiful hazel eyes that shone more because of the glimmer of the diamond earrings and necklace she would wear. Looking down at the bundle of joy In her hands, son or daughter, their child.

Heaven he imagined it was.

Heaven it was.

Laura stared at the back of Luciano with annoyance. She wished he would look at her like that. He reached for the door to close it and Laura shut hers quietly and sighed.

Time, She reminded herself.

It takes time.

____________________________________

My poor Ricco ain't have to be chopped up like that. Unfortunately he died, I did like him.

Anyways if you liked this Chapter vote please and thank you.