46 - What's hidden in the Dark, comes to Light

Start from the beginning

Then he found her eyes and that was all it took for her to cry. Because she was so guilty, it hurt to look the man she loved in the eye, knowing what she did yesterday.

Luciano closed his laptop and, like before, laid back in his chair, not sure how he felt. Before he thought he would be able to handle it in a professional sense, but now he sees her standing before him, the events flew through his head quickly.

He knew she was going to come. He was waiting.

She wiped her face, "Luciano I-"

He put his finger to his lips, closing his eyes to savoring the sound of his name on her lips. It was filled with love he could tell that much, but fear was hidden within that love. So was regret.

Opening his eyes, he stood up, hearing the quick breaths from her lips as she took a step back and he stood before her, Teresa lifted her head to stare at him. His eyes though weren't on hers it were on her change of appearance.

Her natural hair.

Closing her eyes and running on streams of tears, she felt his hand brush against her cheek, before he curled her hair behind her ear. "I love your natural hair, I'm sorry I ever made you change it" He whispered, thumbing her cheek softly. Truthfully he meant it, and she was terrified and confused by it. By his actions as well as words.

Luciano's thumb dropped to her lip as did his eyes as he leaned down and captured them slowly. Passionately his lips moved with hers and Teresa didn't wait to return his kiss. It soothes her. Calmed her. Her hand raised to his face and he pulled back, his forehead on hers, feeling the warmth of her breath against him.

"I love you so much Tesoro" He said, almost like it pained him too.

She nodded, brushing his baby hairs on his neck. "I love you to"

Then he pulled back from her reach, almost like a flicker of light was turned off. And that wasn't good. "Do you?" He asked.

"Of course. I know I-"

"Had sex with him. Oh I know Tesoro"

She shook her head with a sniffle. "No. You don't understand" , she said, wanting to tell him how she lied yesterday. How she didn't sleep with him until she found out he cheated.

"I think I do. Let me show you how much I understand" He said, murderously and on cue, the door opened and her eyes widened as Ricco took his place behind Luciano.

"He came straight here after your atrocity yesterday." Luciano's words left his mouth with cruelness, each one sending harsh stings to Teresa's heart.

Teresa's hand came to her mouth, a new set of tears wetting her face. Ricco shook his head, himself feeling guilty. "Everything was real for me Teresa, but you accomplished your goal, we're partners."

" How long?" Teresa sobbed, staring at the two men who she betrayed yet betrayed her the same.

" A month or two. You see what happened..." Luciano grinned, telling his story.

Flashback

" Don Rossi" Ricco said as Luciano sat down across from him.

"I was informed you wanted to make a deal" Luciano stated, his cool, calm and collected aura radiating from his body, through his words. Ricco smirked, tilting his head as if to say 'correct'

He sat up, fixing his suit coat. " I admit you're business had grown excessively successful and I bet there is something I have to offer you"

"What is that?" Luciano questioned, placing his joined hands on the desk.