🌾🇸🇬 :: The Reintroduction

Start from the beginning

He stared at the middle of the mirror, seeing himself in a really dim environment. Literally the only light he can spot inside the room are both the door and his halo, not to mention some cracks in the walls were making the light go in from the hallway.

The organization stared at himself, starting to daydream too much thoughts again, but this time it was directed to himself.

Why me?

If there could be another person who could've just came to whatever this chaotic planet is, why was he chosen for this job?

He doesn't deserve it, does he? Everyone in his 10 member states are just looking at him like some strict person while he really isn't, including his own roommate. He hated his personality he revealed to the public. He hated himself. Does everyone want him just to be the exact same as the EU? What does UN even think of him?

What if he copies them? But isn't that a moral crime?

Clear doubt arises from his eyes and his body, shaking violently as ever, which made the mirror fall.

His eyes widen as he let go, like each and every action had slowed down for him. The mirror was shattered into shards. Shards he had no idea how to fix, nor doesn't even know who it belongs to.

One shard was able to jump towards his own arms, seemingly wounding himself. He hissed in pain for a moment, noticing the red liquid flowing on his arm. He stepped back with one foot, flipping his hair in dismay, and accidentally hitting a bunch of boxes that made them fall off. He jumped by its actions, still holding the blooded wound he had to deal with on his arm.

🌾: "What have I done?"

❓: "Sir ASEAN?"

He shook once he heard that one familiar yet muffled voice. A voice that was extremely familiar to him. It was his roommate, Singapore, who was undoubtedly one of the best members he had in the entire organization.

He didn't respond, as he tries to find a cloth to cover the wound with at the fallen boxes. The voice however continued to call, making him stop moving for a moment.

🇸🇬: "I heard a bunch of noises there and we're concerned- can you please let me in for a moment?"

We're? Oh right, Brunei was actually together with them as well. But concerned? Why would anyone be concerned?

He didn't respond once again, this time he just dropped to the floor. He gave up searching for the cloth to cover his own wound in. The blood was dripping as fast as ever, and he can't do something about it. Instead, he decided to brighten the light of his own halo.

🇸🇬: "You're not...- Ugh- I'm just coming in."

He heard the doorknob twitching, and the door opening. He kept his position behind the boxes he just knocked over while keeping his ring as bright as ever. The other's footsteps was heard closer every step, until their eyes met.

A common reaction of fear has arose in both eyes, yet different but similar reasons. The organization feared for his own self and for the other in the room as he was injured, the country feared the dark and the organization as well, who seemingly just wrecked the place and injured himself.

The country-state would see the liquid dripping on the arm as their boss silently hissed in pain. He quickly reacted, and opened his backpack he brought on his way inside.

-

He finishes wrapping the wounds with a couple of medicine and band-aids. Thankfully Singapore knows a bunch of first aid material, he always came prepare for it no matter what.

The two settled on the floor, with the surroundings still a huge mess. ASEAN was still anxious, yet not as much as he used to. The other looked around the area for a bit, and noticed the broken mirror at the side. No wonder where the wound came from.

🌾 : "Uhm- I- I'm sorry..."

The silence between the two was broken by the organization. It's roommate would maintain eye contact once again, now observing how doubted he looked like after all of this. He probably wanted to tell something bigger, he needed to know what it is.

🇸🇬 : "It's okay... but do you mind sharing what's up...? You haven't really been like this ever since your brother disappeared."

A moment of silence fills the room for a few seconds. The country would notice a faint silhouette of a spider way at a distance, but yet the faint voice of the other would divert his attention back.

🌾 : "Do you mind if we... I- I just don't like to deal with this pressure anymore... I want to start over."

The country was left confused, and concerned. His roommate wasn't ever like this, the tone of his voice never felt so welcoming until now. Having no idea what he meant, he decided to clarify.

🇸🇬 : "Work?"

🌾 : "No... Everything else..."

He blinked, leaned backwards to the box that hasn't fallen down by the trade guy earlier which is literally just beside them.

Knowing that he had stayed with the organization in the same building for who knows how long, the vibe the other gives was always strongly strict. However, he does get little hints that there was something the other was doubting, before and after the death of their brother. Aside from that event, he never really had talked to ASEAN personally about his feelings nor ever talked calmly about certain things.

Then it hit him, the organization probably didn't like how it acted. Majority of the other's life was dedicated to his own work and yet it felt like he was at work when he's outside of it.

While continuing his thoughts, the other added to his own statement of reflection.

🌾 : "I'm sorry on how I acted earli- *ever*. I don't I ever liked my personality and I wanted to start over."

Right there, Singapore gets it. He sits up straight and moves towards the front of the other.

🌾 : (chuckle) "What are you doing?"

The member would give away a genuine smile towards its leader, brushing his own hair and started to reintroduce himself.

🇸🇬 : "Hi! I'm Singapore. Who are you?"

Realizing what he just heard, he began to rub his eyes with the injured arm slowly. He looked at the other with a slight grin, and began to tell him.

🌾 : "I'm ASEAN."

The other's eyes lights up with joy, giving away an excited look. He couldn't help but keep his energy high after that refresher. For how he was lit up, he decided to keep the other into a lovely hug.

🇸🇬 : "It's nice to meet you again."

ASEAN was startled from the hug at first. He hasn't felt like this, that feeling that he actually thinks he belongs in. That feeling of taking a new step and people realizing what direction he really does wanted to go. He felt.... Happy.

For the first time ever, he smiled for a good reason. He accepted the hug, and decided too wrap his injured arms around the other's body as well.

He silently responded.

"It's nice to meet you too."