PART - SEVEN

"Silence please! Light, sound, camera rolling and action!" shouted MM.

Nandini was wearing a white soft fabric under a lacy robe. She approached a disgruntled madhyam standing by the window. The big fans blew the thin curtains and a blue light added to the perfect night setting. As the music started in the background, nandini started lip-syncing and moved in slow motion, as shown by the choreographer beforehand. It was a scene where the heroine tries to woo the hero who is hesitant about his own feelings.

Nandini hugged madhyam from the back and as he tried to push her off, she quickly came in front of him, cupped his face in her hands and closed in, so that their lips were just an inch apart. The camera zoomed in on their faces as both of them shared an intense eye-lock.

"Cut," shouted MM and showed his thumb up, indicating a perfect shot.

"Wow nandu, not bad!! No one would believe that you used to be so hesitant about such intimate scenes in your previous movie. Look at you now, I am impressed," exclaimed navya, as she reviewed the scene with MM in the monitor.

Madhyam joined them and smirked, saying, "Looks like MM is mentoring Nandini very well. I have to say that this is the first time any new comer has made me speechless with her act," and side-hugged nandini. She was overwhelmed, but instead of showing it, she cast a stern look on MM as he nodded to madhyam in agreement.

The shoot schedule was almost at its end. As MM was a workaholic director, his film shoots were mostly covered in 3-4 months. The climax scene was to be shot in Dalhousie, a scenic hill station in Himachal Pradesh. As nandini and madhyam's last scene were shot, it was decided they would fly back to Mumbai the very next day.

"Hey MM, let's enjoy this evening over a bottle of scotch," suggested madhyam. MM agreed instantly, as he also needed some relaxation from this hectic schedule.

MM and Madhyam had started their career in the films almost at the same time. They had developed a special bond during their struggle period, which was not known to many people in the industry. Although they exhibited a true professional relationship in the public eyes, at rare occasions like this, they would open their heart to each other, oblivion of the outside world.

"Maanna padega boss, nandini is a gem of a kind. Look at her, she is drop-dead gorgeous, and her attitude, my god, even the top heroines will fall behind. No wonder she has become your muse within such a short span of time," said madhyam, with a slight slur in his voice.

MM smiled and said," Yes, I agree. She will reach the zenith very soon, she deserves it." Madhyam did not miss the spark in MM's eyes and smirked.

"So how does she feel in the real closeness?" MM got startled at his question and then grimaced.

"What nonsense Madhyam? You are drunk already. Stop uttering such rubbish," barked MM.

"Stop acting MM. You are no saint," retorted Madhyam.

"Have you lost your mind? She is so much younger than me, at least 13-14 years. And why would I eye her, being a married man myself?" asked MM, banging his fist on the table in agitation.

"So what is bothering you more? Her age or your marital status?" asked Madhyam, while signalling MM to stop as he opened his mouth to reply, and continued saying, "Who are you trying to fool MM? Do you think an age difference of 10-15 years matters in this industry? Both of us have grown with films and we both know how things work here. Don't be shy man. Biwi to ghar ke shobha badhane ke liye hai hi. Now make your work-life rangeen with your new-found muse," and winked at MM.

"It is a waste of time talking to you Madhyam when you are barely sober. Go back to your room, you have to leave early in the morning," said MM and stood up.

Madhyam looked up at his eyes, gulped down the remaining drink in his glass and stood up. "I do not mind your denial MM. But I have seen the undying passion in her eyes for you. Had I been in your place, I would never refuse her the attention she expects and deserves. Anyway, let's call it a night then," said Madhyam and left the room.

MM stood dumbfounded for quite sometime and then decided to put an end to this confusion right away. He hurried to nandini's room and knocked at her door. It was almost 1:30 am, nandini was in her deep sleep. She jolted at the sound of knocking, and rushed to the door in half sleep. As she opened the door and saw MM, she realised her skimpy night wear and turned back to grab her robe. MM followed her in the room and closed the door behind.

"What is it MM? Is there anything urgent?" asked nandini while rubbing her eyes and looking at the alarm for time.

"Nandini have I ever acted or spoken in a manner that made you feel that I am interested in you?" asked MM.

Nandini's eyes widened in shock. "I suppose it is too late in the night to have such a conversation. I think you should leave my room at once," replied nandini.

"I am not going anywhere nandini, until and unless you answer my question," insisted MM.

Nandini shook in anger and asked," Why do you need to know that now?"

"Because I do not want you to cater any special feelings for me which have no consequence," replied MM agitatedly.

"Who told you I have feelings for you MM? What do you think of yourself? I have no feelings for you whatsoever, understand? You have been my mentor, and that is it!! Now please get out of my room, right now!!" shouted Nandini.

MM narrowed his eyes. She was his discovery; he had created this entire new world for her. So he had the right to be the object of her admiration and affection. But her blatant refusal hurt his ego, somewhere in the deep abyss of his mind.

************************

LET'S SEE THIS WILL CHANGE MANIK'S FEELING FOR 

hope you all like the update

give your support to this story