chapter 27

Ezekiel finished playing the guitar then when suddenly the sick pale boy began to throw up blood, Ezekiel quickly hole him and started to smooth the little boy with a bit of his light magic.

"Stop making that face it makes you look like you actually care"

Callahan pushed his hand away as he wipes his mouth clean with a cloth.

Ezekiel do cares even if he doesn't act like it he knows that it's his way of holding on, Callahan was a friend something he found rare ever since coming to this world society was already bad in his world but in this world even children was vile and he met the crown prince and was ultimately blackmailed by him it was not that he couldn't deal with the prince but was rather looking for a friend, and he found a friend in Callahan but fate was not nice since genuine person like him will ultimately die and that was the cruel reality of Callahan's fate he was only 10 and he has to wait for his time he didn't give up but.

It must be hard struggling for your life waiting for a mericle that probably will never come a cruel fate indeed.

"Your highness can I call you by your name just for today"

Callahan gave him a skeptical look then nod

"Callahan no Cal that's a perfect nickname"

"It's pretty boring nickname but I must admit it's better than being called CC"

"Is that what your mother use to call you?"

"Yes though to be truthful I don't remember much of the woman but I know she was kind" Callahan said.

This was the first time Callahan had somewhat spoke his feelings he often kept a barrier around himself and never said anything, Ezekiel was happy to know he open this once.

"Cal I want you to know that I'm here not as someone you want to blackmail but as a friend" Ezekiel said

"Was it even possible for a shady bastard like to have a true friend"

Ezekiel gave a sad smile which peeked Callahan's interest,

"I once did but life had become too much for him I couldn't help him and now I've lost him" Ezekiel said sincerely as he got up "that is why Cal I don't want you to spend your last moments alone I'd like to see you smile even if once"

He left.

Silence filled the room as the air became gloomy to smile is something Callahan had long forgotten, baring unending pain having feeling constant misery Callahan couldn't see what's to be happy about his father who usually visited stop his visits when there was no hope for him maids had treated him as if he was nuisance.

Sometimes the thoughts of why his living plagued him why do he keeps pushing on even though he knows his gonna die why don't he just give up already and stop bothering people who are better off without him, Ofcourse he doesn't want a lonely death but whose their to stay by his side he has a lonely fate and there's nothing he could do about it.

After sleep for the hole evening Callahan jumped up in the middle of the night and started to groan in pain.

"Arghhh!!!"

Blood began to gash from his nose mouth eyes, his insides felt as though it was twisting and bending in different shapes, he curved upwards holding his stomach in pain.

'Why me?'

"Arghhh!"

Even though the servants heard his painful cries inside no one will come, it was for the best.

"Help! Help! Hel-"

"No one will come"

Callahan heard a monotone voice said, Callahan froze who was that and when did he get in his room Callahan looked to the person in the shadows looking at him his aura was ominous as if death has come for him long flowing straight green hair, mysterious purple eyes that is drawing him closer the person hand out his hand dispite the ominous feeling it wasn't hostile infact he feels if he took his hand all his pain will go away now that he looks closer he was younger than him he stretch his hand out.