chapter 15

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

The servants stopped and looked at the angelic young Male who was passing by with a violin in hand and brightly smiled upon his face, they felt as though they had witnessed an angel passing by and therefore felt blessed the figure walked inside the room as the maid bowed in respect.

"Lord Faulkmoore," she said

"Hello there, Jessica," he smiled.

The maid blushed as the charming child smiled.

"You're already here," a cold, childish voice said.

"How can I not be here? I do enjoy playing music for friends and family, you know."

The boy spoke formally, but the younger sickly boy knew his true persona.

"Jessica, you may leave now,"

"Your highness-"

Jessica was reluctant to leave. After all, it was not every day you heard a heavenly violinist's play.

Ezekiel Faulkmoore was a young prodigy of the Dukedom of Faulkmoore. Despite being the 3rd son, he was by far the most talented. He excelled in sword arts and music. He was at the highest calibre in his studies which enabled him special treatment from the academy. People respected him a lot. His kindness and fresh demeanour made him popular amongst ladies and men of young nobility. The thing that made him all the more perfect was his incredible talent in music.

"Jessica, did you hear me?"

Jessica pouted.

"Fine."

"Don't worry, miss Jessica, maybe another time. But this time is only for his highness exclusively," he smiled.

Jessica's heart skipped a beat; she blushed and quickly got out.

Ezekiel was only 14, but even people way older than him could fall for his charms. With just a simple smile, all the ladies and men alike fainted or made a total fool of themselves.

"You can drop the act now we are alone," the prince said.

Ezekiel gave a slacker smile, one that was completely lazy, which contrasted to the glittery one just now. He then sat in an un-noble-like posture and stared at the young prince with his hand supporting his chin.

"Ha! Why did you call me here, your highness? I was enjoying tea with Roberto and Roberta," he said.

"You have no room for questions after all you do as I say or else,"

"*Sigh* this is the type of second life... get blackmailed by a 10-year-old snot-nosed brat," he muttered.

"Mumble all you want, but you must do as I say now. Play,"

"There are other musicians out there," Ezekiel said, annoyed.

"But you are the best, so why should I go for the less?"

"My! what a spoiled little brat you are!" Ezekiel muttered.

"What was that?!"

"Oh, nothing! Your highness," he said, kissing his ass.

"Better be nothing."

Ezekiel went to the brat's bed corner and sat as he gently and carefully fixed his violin.

The prince looked at Ezekiel carefully, even if the bastard was a pretender. There was one thing true about this person. He cared deeply for music and handled his instrument with great joy and care.

"I bet there's no one in this world as talented as you when it comes to music."

Ezekiel paused, then gave a sad smile.

"In this world, maybe," he said in a whispered tone.

"What was that?!"

Ezekiel brushed it off with a goofy slacker smile.

"Was that a praise I heard?"

"Just play already," he commands.

The truth about Ezekiel is, despite loving to play music, he was at a block. It was like all the passion he had was slowly being sucked away.

Playing for the prince made him happy, but he wanted someone who made him feel his passion for music. Someone like his first love thinking about him now made him play a little better.

There was a big secret no one knew. Ezekiel wasn't 14, as everyone thought. Physically he was 14, but mentally he was about 34 if you count his past life and his current life. Yes, he had had a past life.

He was a musician, a well-known prodigy in music. But there was someone else who surpassed him in that field, and that was his first love, the amazing Loiyorel.