chapter 4

"Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

"Young master!?" Sally cried.

Do they not cook the meat? That's disgusting.

"This is raw meat?!" Itony yelled.

"No master, that's cooked meat." Sally said.

"Well, you eat that raw meat!"

Sally looked at the other servants, worried.

"I don't want to eat anymore. My appetite's ruined." He said miserably.

Sally nodded, then helped him down the chair and escorted him back to his room. A maid secretly took a bite of the steak.

"There's nothing wrong with it?" She said.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing, could it have something to do with it?"

"Shh... Herman warned us not to speak about it."

Sally brought Itony to his room. He took off his shoes and went to his bed.

"Hey, Sally. Can I get a nice book to read? Please." He said smiling,

Sally nodded, then got up and went out of the room for a while.

To think middle-century food tasted that raw. This novel is too disappointing.

A while later, Sally came in with a kid's book. She sat at the side of the bed when suddenly Itony moved quickly at her side and opened the book. Shock overcame him.

"What are these? I can't understand a thing!" He yelled in shock.

"But you only just got here, young master. Of course, you can't read these letters."

Itony was from the slums, and people from the slums aren't taught, so reading was impossible for a 7-year-old child.

"Don't worry. You'll learn how to soon."

Itony crawled into the corner. School again. This is hell.

In the novel, the school was a rotten place for rotten noble rich kids. When Itony went there, he had hoped to make friends, but they only picked and ridiculed him. That was what made him fall deeper into the bastard he became later on. He trampled on them without mercy while turning Elias into his dog.

He doesn't want to go to school. If he does, he'll make an enemy out of everyone. Loiyorel enjoyed beating bullies to a bloody pulp. That was the only thing he could agree on with Itony.

"I'll read it to you."

Sally opened the book.

"Once upon a time there live a little lonel-"

"STOP!" Itony looked over in the book.

"No! No! Pick something else." He yelled.

"But young master-"

"I'm not listening!" He covered his ears.

Sally looked at her unreasonable master then closed the book.

"What would you like me to read then?" She asked.

"More mature books that have conflicts, settings and things... You know, a good book."

In her perspective, this was a good book for children, at least. But it seems that her master didn't like these types of books. She nodded and got up and left.

There's no way he's gonna listen to a story that doesn't make sense. Kids' stories are boring. He likes blood, cruelty and violence. Anything that isn't romance.

Really, Itony Leizarelle may have been a side villain, but he was not weak. His life in the slums had been harsh, really harsh. Maybe that was what made him into the unparalleled bastard he was.

Sally returned with a book that looked fairly decent, then sat next to him.

"What type of book is it, and who is the author?"

"The author is Graham Raija. He has written many books, though this is the most decent book I could find. Its name is 'The Grey Sky'." She said.

"Wow, sounds cool. Start reading, please."

Sally looked up at her master, sitting obediently, waiting for her to read. He looked cute. She smiled.

"The Smith's family failure was not excepted Brown Smith the head of the family was a successful businessman man who owned a lot of business his wife ra-"

"Sally, can you put a little more flavour in your reading? If you're trying to put me to bed, it's working very effectively."

"Young master."

To Loiyorel, she sounds worse than Siri. My God, is she really planning to read to a child like that?

"You know what? Teach me to read. Don't read to me. Conveying storybooks to children ain't your thing."

He turned in his bed. Sally didn't know how to reply to her master.