I Like A Challange

Start from the beginning

“Oh you will huh?” Dad questioned

“I saw your little demo at Valley Fest. You guys can put on a show. Can you actually fight?” the girl asked

I couldn’t help but smirk. She sounds like me. Dad walked up to her, she didn’t back down.

“That sounds like a challenge” 

“I like a challenge” I smirked, getting the girl's attention.

“Harley. Show Little Miss Hotshot here what Cobra Kai is all about” Dad ordered, walking back to the front of the room. 

“Sure thing pops” I chuckled

Everyone cleared the mat, as me and the new girl stood across from each other. I had a smirk on my face the entire time, but I faked worry.

“Look, are you sure you wanna do-”

The girl instantly took a kick at me, I dodged it easily. Everyone made sounds of shock, the girl looked somewhat confused. I just shrugged, keeping my hands up to guard. The girl let down her guard.

“You didn’t underestimate me” the girl took in. I gave her another shrug and a smile, surprisingly she smiled back “I like you already”

“Me too” I lunged forwards, taking a punch which she dodged.

From there it was fast fighting. She had training, that was for sure. But not enough of it. When she tried to take a flying punch at me I caught her legs, slamming her onto the ground. She got to her feet, getting in a few good punches, nothing I hadn’t handled before. 

“You’re telegraphing” I told her, tripping her to the floor again “Don’t let me see it coming”

From the ground she tackled me around my waist, sending us both to the ground. She quickly stood up and I stayed on the ground, once again faking hurt.

“Did you see that coming?” she sassed

“Maybe” I smirked, wrapping my legs around hers and sending her to the ground once again. I got up, offering her a hand down “I’m Harley”

“Tory” she panted, taking my hand and standing up, but at the last second she spun me over her shoulder. Good grief. She pinned me down, bending my arm back “With a Y”

“Oh really? Me too” I made… probably the stupidest move I’ve ever done, dislocating my shoulder and rolling over to trap her in a one armed headlock “Gah- fuck that hurt” I hissed, keeping her trapped until she tapped out.

I got up, panting and already sweating. I don’t know what came over me. I just didn’t care and I did it. Suddenly the pain didn’t matter, all that mattered was winning. 

“Harley are you okay!?” Hawk shouted, rushing over to me

“Why the hell would you do that!?”

“That was badass, but dude!”

Everyone gathered around me. I tried to push them off of me, and get away from the crowd. I met eyes with Kreese, who had an un-destict look on his face. I cracked my neck, which hurt more than it usually did, giving him a death glare.

“Harley!” my dad’s voice rang in my ears. I cringed, spinning around to look at him. He stood over me, worry all over his face “... good job. You did good” he nodded

Compliment Counter: 5

“Thanks dad” I nodded, clenching my jaw to distract from the pain.

Dad nodded and walked away from me. It wasn’t much, but from my dad, that was definitely something.

“That was… terrifying” Tory walked up to me with a shocked face “You crazy or something?”

“It’s been said” I nodded “You fight good ya know. Don’t let one loss deter you”

“Oh don’t worry, I won't” she grinned

“You don’t seem like the kind anyway” I chuckled, hissing as most movements hurt my arm.

“You uh- need some help with that?” Tory asked

“Uh… Gotta pop it back in place eventually… but I don’t wanna be a pussie infront of everyone, just in case” I joked, mostly “But if you wanna help me now”

Tory rolled her eyes, looking around the room. I chuckled, grabbing Miguel and Hawk. Everyone had dispersed into a water break, or warming up. Dad and Kreese had gone into the office. 

“You’re out of your mind ya know that right?” Miguel questioned “Of all the crazy things you’ve done. This may be the worst”

“It was badass though!” Hawk laughed

“Yeah yeah well now we gotta fix it” I sighed “You guys need to hold me, Tory here is gonna un-dislocate my arm”

“Kay, Mohawk, hold onto her waist, keep her chest close to yours so she can’t move too much” Tory instructed

“Ah good, something I know how to do” Hawk grinned, holding me against his chest

“Okay you” she pointed to Miguel “When I nod, push on her shoulder”

“Uh- yeah okay” Miguel nodded

“Brace for impact serpent queen” Tory smiled 

“Huh, that’s a new o- holy shit!” I shouted, gritting my teeth as Miguel and Tory popped my arm back in place

“I’ll get some ice” Miguel rushed off.

Stayed put in Hawk’s chest. Not that I was crying or anything. I just didn’t wanna move away.

“Comfy down there princess?” Hawk chuckled

“Oh yeah, just peachy” I huffed, trying to roll my shoulder out.

It stung, but it was definitely bearable. Miguel gave me some ice, and I still didn’t move away from Hawk. He was comforting, and I just needed that right now.

“I have a girlfriend remember” Hawk chuckled offhandedly

I sighed, pulling away from him at that. Not what I wanted to be thinking about while hugging Hawk. The fact that I couldn’t have him… Wait what?

-'|'-'|'-'|'-