t w e l v e

When an apple falls on someones head; leading to the discovery of gravity... it's an expected coincidence. When Jane stayed back for Tarzan; that was also to be an expected coincidence.

But when you're meeting up with someone at a cafe before a photoshoot... you obviously don't expect a flat front confession.

"Ayla, here's the thing- um, I like you."

My mouth hung open in shock while my hand was resting on the door handle to enter the cafe.

"I know, I know... that was out of the blue but it's true. I've liked you for the longest time and I've only gathered the courage to tell you today of all days and of all times."

He even started to turn red, making me realise that he was being completely and utterly serious.

Oh please, please, please say this is a prank.

You're either confused or curious as fuck. I know.

Because I am too.

So let's just rewind a little and go back to the time, a little after the part where Frida and I got to school.

•••

10: 34am

"So we're not going to tell the entire school about your marriage with a hot tv host?" Frida asked as we settled down at a random bench to have lunch.

"Frida, if I went around telling people that I'm married to Cameron Dallas... would they believe me?"

"No?"

"Exactly."

"But then what was the point of hiding it in the first place?"

I bite my lip and think of how to put it in words Frida would understand clearly.

"He didn't want skanks to know that he was cheating on his wife."

"That makes sense."

All of a sudden, Trent flies over in a panicked frenzy. If you don't remember Trent... he's from chapter one. The one that takes Biology with us?

"Hello, Trent." Frida greets; a little annoyed that he interrupted our conversation.

"Guys- I'm in deep shit right now." He pulls out a mountain of textbooks and papers as he violently taps his foot against the floor. "I wasn't able to finish-"

"You mean- you forgot to do your Biology essay?" Frida cuts him off with a glare. "Good luck finishing it."

"Frida, please." When Trent realised he wasn't going to get any help from her, he turned to me. "Ayla? I'll buy you lunch again, I swear it."

"Trent, maybe this'll be a good lesson for you." Frida bites into a strawberry from her lunchbox. She brings her own lunch to school because she doesn't trust the cafeteria food and she's a health nut. "You should learn how to actually do your homework."

Not long after; Frida gave up the hard attitude and helped Trent with his essay. Due to that very reason; we were late to Biology class, making Frida smack Trent right across the back of his head.

"Is there anything you'd like to say to me for being late?" The Bio teacher asks in a superior tone.

"Yes- Ayla Taylors is married to Ryler Fielder."