Short Stories: Kokonoi won't give you money

Warnings: Spoilers, none(?), tears, gossip, kinda angst. I always thought that Koko's relationship would be a little more troubled than the others, with the one-sided dead love of his past. Can be read as a stand alone. Kind reminder to pls pls read my rules.

"Kokonoi won't give you any money, Darling," you still remember those girls murmur at the club you accompanied Kokonoi to

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Kokonoi won't give you any money, Darling," you still remember those girls murmur at the club you accompanied Kokonoi to. They probably were trying to warn you, but it didn't matter because that's not what you were with him for.

You knew it wasn't like that, and you also knew that Kokonoi doesn't think of you like that. However, that didn't help the little poisonous thoughts that plagued your head. Would Kokonoi hate you if you ever overstepped? Would he convince Mikey you weren't good for them? You knew they made no sense, but those thoughts were still present.

You lay down thinking again about those issues. Why? Because tomorrow is Kokonoi's turn to take you, it's not his fault that you have so many doubts; he was always kind and very patient with you. The problem is, according to you, your inexperience. Kokonoi is the most sought member by the public, not that he enjoyed the attention. He manages Bonten's revenue, after all.

And here you are, with a short dress, standing next to Kokonoi as he speaks with some people at a party. At least, it's a hotel this time; clubs made you feel like you're drowning.

At some point in the evening, you lost track of Kokonoi. You were tired; this wasn't your kind of environment. So you sat at a table near the entrance. There, a couple of girls took the free seats around you and began what you hated the most, gossip.

"I heard he's with a new girl today," "You Know how he is; she prob will last a week, top." "who?" "are you an idiot? Kokonoi!" "yeah, once he loses interest, boom, he drops them." and they kept talking and talking.

You couldn't stand it anymore. With tears in your eyes, you abruptly stood up and made a run for the bathroom. You didn't get very far because a couple of steps later, you crashed against someone's firm chest.

This person, with fast reflexes, held you before your body could hit the ground. "Y/N?" you recognized that voice anywhere.

"Kaku-Chan?" you squealed in surprise.

"I told you not to call me that," grunted the male. "Why are you here crying? Weren't you supposed to be with Kokonoi? Where is him?" Kakucho questioned with a deep frown.

"Yeah, but I lost him not too long ago." you tried to explain, but by the look on his face, he wasn't satisfied with your answer. "Look, Kakucho, it's not his fault," you kept pushing.

"Y/N, you cannot cover for him; every time you go out with Kokonoi, you look constipated," Kakucho argued.

"I do not!" You chuckled at his choice of words. Constipated? Like you actually looked like that. "Anyhow, what are you doing here?" you made an effort to change the subject. Kokonoi would never hurt you, end of the story.

"We have some business here. Sanzu and Mikey are busy with other stuff, so here I am." he began to drag you away from the entrance. Were you leaving? Didn't he say he had something to do? "But looks like I'm needed somewhere else," he said, glancing down towards your puffy eyes.

"No, wait! I can't leave without telling Kokonoi." you insisted.

"Fine, I'll call." he took out his phone, and it didn't take much for Kokonoi to pick up.

"Put it on speaker," you murmured while pulling at his sleeve. And so he did.

"He-" Kakucho didn't even let Kokonoi nor you speak.

"Next time you don't want Y/N with you, say so. I'm taking her home." and he hanged up. You froze. That was not what you expected at all. Next thing you see, Kakucho was typing something on his phone, and for some reason, you had a bad feeling about it.

You were right on the money because Bonten's chat received the following message, 'Found Y/N crying at a party tonight.' Not a single member of the chat liked its content.

-

You and Kakucho made it to his car, but he didn't turn on the engine yet. You both sat in silence for a while. Kakucho didn't enjoy having someone as important as you in pain, and he wanted to fix as soon as possible.

"Tell me the truth," Kakucho broke the silence. "did he do something... Or told you-" before he could continue you interrupted him.

"No! No, of course, no." you sobbed, "Kokonoi would never; it's just that..." you cried harder. Kakucho gripped the steering wheel in an attempt to hold back his anger. "It's me; it sounds stupid. But I think I'm the problem."

"What?" he suddenly turned around to face you. "What nonsense is that?"

"It's just that, hmmm, there are things, and I feel like he keeps shutting me out; I feel like I'm not suitable for what he wants." you continued to cry after you let some of your thoughts out.

"It's not like that," murmured Kakucho as he turned the key and the car rumbled. "Not like that at all." and finally, Kakucho drove away.

Not so far from where you were, Kokonoi saw your form trembling in the car. He knew he needed to tell you about Akane, about Inupi, and trust you as much as you trusted him. Otherwise, not only you would be hurt, but everyone involved.

A minute later, he received his fourth call of the night. It was the one he feared the most. But still, he had to pick it up.

"Mikey I-" and once again tonight, he was interrupted.

"Fix this." that was the coldest he had ever heard his boss speak.