Chapter 8

Within the next month, his blood demon art got even stronger. Killua had gotten it powerful enough so that Hera literally went completely limp and numb for 3 whole hours before being able to move her limbs, then it took another 5 for all side effects to disappear. She never talked to him very much anymore, instead scribbling and flipping pages and playing this weird game with the cards. She would shuffle 4 decks together and set out a number of piles face down except for the top card in a line, then have the rest near the top right corner. Not that he was watching, but every now and again he'd glanced over at her as he heard a light slapping noise and see her playing.

Killua had to fetch her books every few days, she'd plow through two or three in a single day if she didn't do any of her other activities.

Killua was out scouting for food when he encountered a demon with a significant amount of power. She had one of the lower moon symbols in her eye but it was crossed out with an X and she hadn't been summoned to the lower moon meeting. Got kicked out probably. It was a great opportunity though, Killua couldn't pass this up. "hey! This is my feeding ground" She snarled, some sort of frill around her neck stood up in what he thought was supposed to be a threat. Apparently she hadn't seen his eyes yet, either that or because she used to be lower moon 3 that she outranked him still.

"One condition" he said, stepping out from the shadows so his eyes glinted in the moonlight. The former lower 3rd moon froze, a nervous sweat trickling down her forehead when she realized who exactly Killua was. "S-Shiyajū!" Killua concealed his presence and faded into the shadows, then moved around to her left. The female demon glanced around in fear, then he appeared behind her and sank his bloodied claws into her arm. Killua dug deep, all 5 claws digging into the bone. She gasped in pain, then went limp. Killua's tail flicked in satisfaction, she wasn't moving at all. "W-Why...why can't I move my body? I can't feel anything!" She cried, and Killua slashed a cut along her shoulder where she couldn't see. No response. Perfect. That human wasn't needed anymore, once he got back to the cave he'd eat her while she was sleeping.

Killua shredded an arm off her, then started eating. As a former member of the 12 Kizuki she had more of Muzan's blood than most other demons, he needed to eat quickly before she bled out. "What was that tug-" Her eyes went over to Killua who was currently eating her arm. The demon's eyes widened in horror and she screamed, then her limbs twitched ever so slightly. Hmm, temporary thing. "N-No, I heard about you. You can't eat demons! Their your own kind!" Killua finished the arm, then flicked his ears. "Master's blood, you have some. I need it" Tears rolled down her cheeks but Killua didn't feel an ounce of pity or remorse, he just dug into her shoulder and swallowed as much of the blood inside as he could.

Twenty minutes later she dissolved into ash, leaving Killua to lick the remaining blood off his fingers. Killua glanced up, then started back to his cave without finding any humans to feed on. By the cycle, Hera should be asleep by now. It would be better to kill her in her sleep, she wouldn't struggle and he didn't want anyone finding his cave if she made enough noise. Killua concealed his presence as he went in, then his eyes lit upon her sleeping form. Killua snapped her neck in an instant, then started on the fingers like always.

Killua shoved all the card boxes and books and papers and such into the far back corner, then left the stomach and hair outside while he searched for his human prey. He ran through the forest, senses extended and catching something odd. It was a group of humans, about 20. they were all really close together and inside of some sort of shelter that wasn't quite a tent but not a house either. It was nearly midnight, yet he sensed movement. Killua contemplated his course of action for a moment, this would be difficult. He had to kill them all without making any sort of noise, sure he could snap 5 necks in a second but there were a lot of humans in there and Killua could only go so fast. There was no solid way to confirm everyone was asleep, not unless he waited a few hours. Killua felt a pang of hunger, he smelled the scent of blood wafting from nearby.

I can't wait that long, that scent is so temping- Killua covered his nose and hid behind the structure all the humans were in, listening and observing. 18 were laying on the floor, no noises or movements. A female with brown hair was leaning against some teen with blonde hair, he had a small bandage on his arm. "Can't believe you cut yourself in the damn tent " She said with a yawn, the male huffed. "The edge of that zipper was sharp!" Hmmm... if he could somehow snapped both of the two awake's necks without making a sound, Killua could kill them all in their sleep. The female yawned again, then turned and lay down on the floor. "Just go to bed" She mumbled. The male sighed, laying down beside her and wrapping his arms around her from the back, hands on her chest and pulling her a little closer. Sleeping...close. Their eyes aren't open, they can't sense me. So he slipped inside of the tent and got to work.

Killua had been cautious for nothing as it turned out, he was currently devouring the arm of the 15th human when he stiffened. Killua's eyes snapped up, the cloth above him rippled a little and showed the moon's arc in the sky. Can't eat here. Sunrise was in less than an hour, there was no way he'd be able to finish them all. So Killua grabbed one with his tail, and two with his arms as he bolted. He dropped the three down then gathered the remaining two bodies, plus the half eaten one. Killua kept his ears pricked as he fed, despite his back being turned to the cave entrance he never once let his guard down. After Killua was finished he licked the blood off his face and discarded the unwanted parts, scattered of course. If he left it all in one spot they could pinpoint his location, the next time night fell he dropped them around the forest. Killua finished feeding and sat down cross legged in his circle of pointed stones, body resting while his mind didn't. Three months. he thought. Three months, and I'll be ready.

1160 words

To be continued...