22. A Little Too Late

Three Months Later

Dynasty P.O.V

My deep sleep was once again interrupted by the loud cries of baby Brooklyn bouncing off my bedroom walls.

I groaned, rolling out of bed, checking the time on my phone.

4 A.M

"You gotta be kiddin' me." I complained.

My feet sunk into the plush carpet as I made my way to the other side of the room.

"It's ok mamas." I say before I turn to the routine.

Change her, Feed her, Burp her, Rock her back to sleep.

"You good in here sis?" Redd asked standing at my bedroom door, scratching her head through a bonnet.

"Yeah I got her." I nodded. "Go back ta sleep."

"You sure you good? I know it's been a lot lately, I can take her in the room wit me? Just for the rest of the night." She offered.

I denied, laying Brooklyn back in her bed.

"It's fine sis. Thanks tho."

***

I gotta admit. It's been hard. Between the baby and the shop it's been a lot of late nights, early mornings and long days for me.

Not to mention, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Sometimes I look at baby girl and just cry. Other times I just can't look at all.

I never expected it to be like this. I know it's only the beginning, I just. Thought it would be easier. It's rough. But with Redd still by my side everyday gets better.

I guess that alone is enough for me to keep going..

***
Later that day

The little bell on the door rung as I made my way into the salon.

"Awe look at youu mama." Tamika joked.

I politely rolled my eyes before rushing to the office with a loaded stroller.

Before I could even get situated Brooklyn was screaming bloody murder.

"Whatchu  doin' to mah God baby?" Redd let herself in.

"Girl please, she's perfectly fine."  I said before securing her in the baby carrier on my chest and stuffing a pacifier in her mouth.

"What we got?"  I asked moving as fast as I could to my station.

"Ya unit called, she wanted to know if you could add a color, you got a press and curl in a few followed by a braid down, and uhh Mya called." She paused.

"Ahh here we go." I rolled my eyes readjusting a sleeping Brooklyn.

"Yeah. She let one of her home girls lay her lace now she got a chemical burn."