Chapter 22: Dumbledore the Thief

Start from the beginning

Dumbledore looked over to the group of children and very nervous and guilty-looking Molly Weasley and then looked at a very devious-looking Lord Potter.

"Do you consent to trial under Veritaserum?"

"I do,"

Once the potion was administered they began again, "Please state your name for the record,"

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore,"

"Please state your age,"

"111 years young,"

"Did you, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore commit acts of embezzlement against Lord Harry James Potter?"

"I did," Everyone went silent. The man known as their Light Lord was nothing more than a thief and an embezzler.

"For what reason did you commit these acts?"

"Objection, relevance!" Harry stood.

"Over-," Cornelius began hesitantly.

"With all due respect, Minister Fudge, these reasons are of a personal matter I have briefed you of in my statement. I wish for these reasons not to be disclosed to the public. Does my privacy no longer exist?"

"Fine. Objection sustained."

Harry nodded and sat back down.

"Lord Potter, do you wish to press charges against Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore?"

"I only wish for the funds to be returned to me as well as the accused to be labelled as a Thief',"

"Those in favour of enforcing said charges say, Aye,"

"Aye," the hall echoed.

"The Ayes have it," the gavel banged.

"The Wizengamot has labeled Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore as Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore the Thief,"

Harry winked at Dumbledore before exiting the room.

***

The Daily Prophet posted all about the trial the next morning and nearly everyone in the hall was glaring at Hermione, Ron and Ginevra, even the rest of the Weasleys were glaring at them; the twins never glared!!

Harry was beyond elated. The people who betrayed him and lied to him were finally getting what they deserved. They deceived him for years and this was payback.

Dumbledore, on the other hand, did not show up for meals and Harry was fine with it. The boy had not yet dealt with him to the extent that he wanted to and had not yet told anyone about the compulsions and repulsions.

That would have to wait for now but so far, he was heading in the direction of being stripped of his title as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and that would have to do... for now.

***

To 'Ashe Marvolo'

I am writing to request your presence at my Headquarters to clear up several questions that I would like to have answered. Tuesday 7 pm.

Lord Voldemort

To the Lord of the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Peverell, Gaunt, Slytherin, Gryffindor and the House of Umbridge

I am writing to request your presence at my Headquarters Tuesday at 7 pm.

Lord Voldemort

"MERLIN'S BEARD!" he shouted, louder than he probably should have, in the middle of the hall. He ran out of the hall, confusing the school. Several other Slytherins ran after him but he managed to outrun them.

For the first time in months, he broke his emotionless mask and that shocked everyone. Whatever was in those letters must have been something and so the rumour mill began...

Harry pretended that nothing happened.

He couldn't sleep the whole time and stayed up thinking. How was he supposed to be two people at once?

His housemates were worried for him but they didn't comment on it....

Luckily, Harry didn't have to attend classes as it was a Saturday and so he just stayed in his dorm room thinking over different situations. He disguised it as studying for the OWLs that he would be taking in May.

He considered clones and spells, excuses and lies but he couldn't find anything that would work against the 'great' Dark Lord.

He had to tell them... soon but not now.

***

"Good evening Marvolo, how nice of you to join us," Tom began, "Unfortunately, we must wait for another to arrive before we begin,"

"Lord Potter will not be joining us today," he sighed as he took a seat next to Malfoy and Snape.

"Is that so..." he thought out loud, "Why might that be?"

"I am not at liberty to discuss that," he replied nonchalantly.

"Ah... well?" he said before asking another question, "Marvolo, We all know that the name that you have given us is an alias so please, tell us your true identity,"

"Unfortunately, I can not disclose my identity to you or your followers just yet as it may affect our alliance,"

"I see... very well, I respect your decision though I do wish to know soon,"

As the Dark Lord finished blabbing about raids and discrediting the Ministry and Hogwarts, Ashe leant over to Malfoy and spoke, "Good Evening,"

The man tensed and opened his eyes wide, shaking. The table laughed at the Malfoy Lord even Tom let out a chuckle.

As he was about to exit the room, he turned back and looked at Snape, "Harry told me all about your nickname, Severus,"

The man in question shot him a warning glare.

"Tell us, tell us, tell us," Malfoy, Fenrir and Yaxley chanted.

"Stop!" the Dark Lord shouted. The room went silent and they bowed their heads, afraid of punishment, he turned to the emotionless man dressed in combat robes leaving "Please Marvolo, TELL US!"

The room waited in anticipation and Severus buried his face in his hands, mumbling something about killing someone.

"Goodbye, Professor SEVVYKINS!" he left, leaving a room of murderers laughing like children and chanting 'Sevvykins, Sevvykins'

Severus soon followed Ashe out of the room and shot a childish hex, he didn't know the name of ,at Marvolo, which he undoubtedly deflected.

SEVVYKINS!! I'm in love with the nickname!

Anyway, thanks for reading, sorry it was a bit late today 😅

-Alysha