Falling Apart PT. 1

Third Person's POV:
At The Boys' Room...

"A year?!" PJ turned around in his computer chair, staring at Max with a panicked look.

"Did he say a year? Tell me he didn't say a year, man. I heard a year." The round boy kneeled down, putting his face in his hands. "Hold me and tell me he didn't say a year."

Max had a frown on his face, leaning on the bunk bed's frame.

"A year's like," Max turned to look at his other friend and was shocked to see his dad's afro wig that he threw in the trash was on Bobby's head. "That's forever!"

He continued, "You realize this could severely affect campus hijink-age."

PJ walked towards the two, "Yeah! And how are we gonna whip those Gammas now?"

"With your dad's practice interrupt-is."

Max snatched the wig on Bobby's head. "Listen, guys. Cut the old man some slack, he has to be here. He was fired and he can't find a good job without a degree."

Bobby looked up at him from the bed, "Fired? Woah. You mean like his pink slip was showing?" He laughed.

"Don't push it, man." Max said as he shoved the wig to his face.

"Look, I talked to him and laid out all the ground rules. No interfering with the X-Games practice. No hounding us about schoolwork. No coming into our room unannounced, and no acting like a father. Especially mine." He said, walking around the room and stopping between his two best friends.

"He's got his life, I've got my life."

All three of them look up as they heard an echo, repeating the last sentence Max said.

"Spooky~"

"Oh, right!" Max and Bobby looked at PJ, who was walking back to his computer chair.

"What is it, Peej?" Max asked, sitting on his bed.

"I meant to ask you this earlier, what happened earlier with you and (Y/N)?"

Max looked down, guilt washed over him like a tidal wave.

"Yeah! I haven't seen her since. What happened, man?" Bobby asked, the two guys waiting for his answer.

"It's... nothing. Maybe she got busy with whatever she needed to do." He ran a hand through his hair, a sigh escaping his lips.

I messed up big time... Now the girl that I like doesn't want to be with me anymore.

"Well I'm gonna call it a night, guys. Good night." Max pulled his blanket over him.

"I'm gonna hit the hay too." PJ said as he turned off the computer.

Bobby's already asleep, his snores can already be heard.

~~~
At The Girls' Room...

Julia and (Y/N) laughed at something the (H/C) haired girl said.

"No way! I didn't know they sell 'flavored' glue!" The blue haired girl exclaimed, looking up from her sketchbook.

"Well they do." (Y/N) laughed, playing with the wheels on her skateboard. "I'm lucky my mom stopped me before I got a taste, except my younger self didn't think so. I threw a tantrum and mom needed to drag me out of the store before the owner ban us from coming back."

"Damn, you had a fun childhood." Julia chuckled, shaking her head.

(Y/N) leaned back, propping herself with her arms. "What about you? What's your childhood like?"

Julia's smile disappeared, looking down at her sketch of (Y/N). She closed her notebook and looked back up at her friend, a small smile on her face.

"I wasn't the extroverted type, I liked being inside the house more. Painting, sketching, you name it. I'm not like you who's more into sports and can make friends easily. Well, not anymore." She sighed, pulling her legs up to her chest.

A sad look on (Y/N)'s face as she looked at her roommate, "What do you mean not anymore?"

"I was into sports too, had friends here and there. I got into skateboarding, everyone wanted to be friends with me when they knew. Bradley's one of them."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened, "You and Bradley Uppercrust III know each other?"

"We knew each other." Julia's green eyes stared at her (E/C) ones. "He was my childhood friend, if you can call him that. When he heard I knew how to skate, him and his friends asked me to join their gang. Of course I accepted it, gullible me."

"What happened?" The (H/C) haired girl scooted next to her.

"One day, we were all riding our skateboards in school, Bradley and his friends showing off as usual." Julia laughed bitterly, "They wanted me to do tricks. Skate down the stair railing they said, it'll be fun they said. Yeah, it wasn't fun."

Julia rolled up her pants, showing a big scar on her right leg.

Her friend's eyes widened at this, "I'm fine now. It's all in the past and I don't dwell in the past, it's bad for my mental health." She smiled at (Y/N), rolling her pants back down.

"A teacher called an ambulance, my parents were not happy when they heard the news. When I came back to school the next day, Bradley and his friends kicked me out of the group."

"He was a jerk when he was a kid, and nothing has changed ever since."

She then turned back to Julia, "I'm really sorry you had to experience that. But on the bright side, you have me now. And I'll never leave you if you get hurt, I'll even be the one to clean your wounds!" 

The both of them laughed. "Thanks, (N/N). You're a real friend, you know that?" "Don't mention it."

Julia yawned and stood up, "I'm gonna go to sleep now. You should too."

She walked to her bed when her roommate said, "Do you wanna hang out this weekend?"

"You sure your friends don't mind me stealing you from them?" (Y/N)'s mind raced back to what happened earlier with Max.

She shrugged, "They won't mind. It's just a couple of days, right?"

"Okay then. Goodnight, (N/N)."

"Goodnight, Jules." She said, flicking the light off.

The (H/C) haired girl plopped down on her bed, her mind thinking about the person really close to her heart...

"Max..." She quietly sighed, closing her eyes.