𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

-
Skye's POV
-

The screen of the video feed is showing chaotic static and colors. "I can't stabilize it. There's an encrypted local signal competing." Fitz announces, sounding panicked.

"Mirror it over. I have a couple of Rising Tide exploits that might work." I tell him, ferociously typing on my keyboard, trying to fix it. "One last thing." I mutter, pressing 'enter' and watching as the chatter cleared up. "Ta-da, and you're welcome."

On the screen, there's a white van, which looks suspiciously like our van, but I don't mention it, not wanting to panic anyone just yet. "Russian TV's kind of boring." I sigh.

"That looks a bit like our van." Fitz points out, apparently not sharing my thoughts, just as the screen switches to backscatter.

"What are we looking at?" Maria asks. Fitz stands up and waves his hands around, the images on the screen doing the same.

"Us." Fitz and I reply at the same time as the screen starts to get closer.

Just then, Akela's van smashes into ours. It only jolts, but another hit could send us rolling down the nearest hill. "Let's get out of here!" I yell, knowing that there was no way in hell Akela would stop, even if she had promised she'd never hurt me all those years ago.

I crawl into the drivers seat and grab Maria's gun, I try to reach the pedals but Ward had been driving and my feet don't reach them. "Oh, stupid tall person." I mutter, then turn to Fitzsimmons. "Call Coulson."

I pick up Maria's gun and flick off the safety, aiming at Akela's arm as a warning shot and pull the trigger with only a seconds hesitation. I see her clutch her shoulder in pain, but she doesn't stop.

She hits the van and we're sent rolling down the hill, like I'd suspected, but I'd brought enough time for the rest of the team to strap in.

I brace myself as I'm thrown out the windshield. I land with a light thud, but I hear a crack and feel the bones my knee shattering to pieces. This was going to be a bitch until I could heal it later.

"Skye!" I hear Simmons yell, running towards me. Maria lifts my head up and places it in her lap while I try to block the pain from my knee. I've had worse, but it's still painful.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I try to tell them, but Simmons is already checking me over and she sees my leg before I can even muster up the strength to pull it away. She and Fitz both inhale sharply and I'm fairly certain I hear the latter gag a little.

"You are not fine!" Simmons scolds me, continuing to look over my leg. "You knee cap is likely completely shattered, it'll probably never heal properly and you could walk with a limp for the rest of your life!"

"Wait, wait, Simmons, I can heal it, it's fine." I tell her, concentrating on the bones in my body and manipulating their vibrations back to normal. I then focus on the vibrations in my skin, threading them back together and sighing in relief when I'd finally finished.

"What the bloody hell was that!?" Fitz demands, looking just as shocked as Simmons. Maria was startled, but already knew about my powers, so her reaction wasn't as intense.

"You can't tell anyone." I say, sitting up and inspecting my knee, which was now fully healed.

"How can we not, your an unregistered, gifted individual. We could loose our jobs!" Simmons exclaimed, but the worried look on her face tells me another story.

"A) I wouldn't exactly call it a gift, it's a pain in the ass and B) being on the index is dangerous, there are people after me... bad people. If they know where I am, they'll come for me and kill you all in the process." I say, only pausing to blink my tears away. "Why do you think I lived alone in my van?"