𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

-
Skye's POV
-

"We'll take the nice lady with us. We... we... we can't go to the airport, So we'll... we'll take a train. And there, she'll... she'll help us start over, make a new life... A better life, like I always said." Mike tells Ace. I can see that he cares about the boy, a lot, but I can also see that the kid is scared and needs someone who isn't high on Centipede serum right now to tell him it's going to be okay.

Suddenly, I hear Coulson from outside my van and roll my eyes because seriously? Who the hell speaks to someone who clearly won't listen through a megaphone? "Mr. Peterson, good morning. We're not a threat. We're here to help. But you're in danger, and we need to take you in." He says.

"What did you do?!" He asks me, to which I just shrug, but he doesn't see because he's too busy ripping my vans door off it's hinges. I mean, this van is a piece of junk, but I did enjoy living in it... well apart from the hobos, but overlooking that, it was actually pretty nice.

"Come on. Come on." He says, pulling both me and Ace into the train station. I could take him, but there are still people here and I can't risk them getting hurt.

Suddenly, I see a guy whose looking a little suspicious and decide he's going to help me get away from Mike. I kick him where it hurts, turning to Mike, who looks just as stunned as the poor, unsuspecting guy I just hurt. "You're right... he is a little bitch." I say to Mike.

"Yo, get him! Get him!" The man's friends yell, charging at Mike, who quickly hides Ace behind his back and starts running.

"Ace, get back!" I hear Mike yell, knowing he can take them and running off in the other direction.

As I'm running, Mike grabs me and puts his hand around my throat, squeezing, very hard. I know I can escape, but I don't want his kid to end up all alone and dumped in the system. I knew what that was like, and I couldn't take that small boys only parent away from him. "You got to stop! These people can help you." I pretty much beg, gasping for air.

"The men in suits? They're your buddies now? Where did they take my son?!" Mike yells, very clearly agitated and pulls me by the neck towards the upper floor. My vision is swarming and unconsciousness is looking very pleasant right now, but I force myself to stay awake.

Just as I think I'm about to pass out, Mike throws me to the floor. Hard. Ow, that's definitely going to leave a bruise.

Suddenly a gunshot goes off and I have just enough energy to sit up and watch my mom shoot him in the shoulder and beat another guys ass. She nods at me as if asking if I was okay and I nod back, still trying to get my breath back. I know there will be bruises around my neck and on my back later, but trying to calm Mike enough so that he doesn't explode and kill everyone here, including his own son, was worth it in my mind.

May and I run to where Mama, Coulson and the rest of the team are trying to calm Mike down, but also distract him long enough so that Fitzsimmons can come up with a cure to whatever the hell is happening with the serum. "All over, there's people being pushed down, being robbed. One of them tries to stand up, you got to make an example out of him." Mike says. I agree with him, I really do, I spent the first fourteen years of my life being pushed around by everyone else, forced to kill and torture people who didn't even deserve it. I know how he feels and I know he doesn't trust the system because all it's ever given him in pain and suffering, but without it more people would suffer.