𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

-
Skye's POV
just after the battle of New York
-

I don't knock when I enter Fury's office, walking straight in, ignoring the looks I get from some of the older Agents and plop down on the chair in front of his desk. "What do you want?" I ask, getting straight to the point, he'd pulled me out of a very important card game between Sharon, the closest thing I've ever had to a sister, and I.

"I need you to go undercover." Fury replies, watching as I groaned in annoyance, I really hate undercover. "Before you argue, this is important."

"How important?" I ask after a beat, raising an eyebrow. Fury sighs heavily and leans back in his chair, by the looks of it, nursing a headache.

"I think SHIELD is compromised." He says, watching me closely for a moment, probably to see how I'd react. I roll my eyes, because seriously? I've been trying to tell him for years.

"Where'd you need me to go?" I groan, but don't argue, SHILED was important to a lot of people, my parents included and I would do whatever I needed to do to help. Even if that means going undercover.

Fury smirks and hands me a file. I read the label and internally groan, the Rising Tide were the bane of my existence and he wants me to go undercover with them? Fantastic. "You know them?"

"Yes, I know them." I tell him, flicking through a few pages before snapping it shut and standing up. "I'll see you soon Uncle Pirate."

He rolls his eye, but smiles for a moment before standing up too, giving me a brief hug. "I'll see you soon, Skye." And with that I headed home for the day to complain to my moms about the new mission.

-
Skye POV
now
-

"How will you come at us? From the air? From the ground? How will you silence us this time? How can you? The truth is in the wind. It's everywhere. You cannot stop The Rising Tide." I speak into the microphone, cringing internally. I'm so gonna kill that damn Pirate when I get home. "You will never see our faces. But rest assured... We will rise against those who shield us from the truth. And nothing... nothing can stop us in the–"

My van door is slid open and I have to try really hard not to fight back when an Agent I recognise as Agent Ward throws a black bag over my head. Agent Coulson is with him too, but it's not much of a surprise, it's funny what kind of information you can get from Fury when he's doped up on drugs after being shot in the shoulder.

-

Agent Ward practically shoves me into the chair inside, what I'm fairly certain is an interrogation room, while Agent Coulson pulls the bag off my head. "You guys are making a big mistake." I say, acting like I'm pretending not to be nervous. It's a neat trick in situations like these.

"You don't look that big." Ward tells me, trying not to let a smirk pull at his lips.

"Sorry for the lack of finesse. Agent Ward here has had a little history with your group... The Rising Tide." Coulson says, making me smirk internally. I know Agent Ward doesn't recognise me, but I do, and I also know we have history and that little stunt I pulled with the Rising Tide hijacking his mission was just a little revenge.

"I don't know... what you're–" I try to play dumb, but Ward cuts me off.

"Okay, there are two ways we can do this." He says, glaring daggers into my skull.