Chapter Eleven: Results

Start from the beginning

"I was talkin' 'bout beavers," he protested, smirking.

"Mmhmm," I smiled, going to grab his towel.

I think it's hilarious how Bahja and her friends think he's such an angel. He only acts like that around them. I try to get him to watch the cussin', but I don't mind 'Nigga.'

(AN: That's not a curse word if you ask me. Some people might take offense. But, that's on them. I respect it if you really don't like that word, but I have no problem with it.)

I handed his towel to him. "I laid yo' clothes out. Hurry up before we late."

"Aight." he said, closing the door.

"No Thank you?" I asked, laughing.

"Thanks, Pop!" he yelled through the door, sarcastically.

I laughed, and walked to the kitchen.

**

I walked up the stairs of Jamie's house, with Christian on my heels. I don't think that she'll like that he's with me. But what am I gonna do, leave him alone? Hell, nah. That boy would eat a nigga outta house and home.

I rang the doorbell, and ran my hand over Christian's waves.

He smirked, and said, "Wish yo' waves was as wavy as mine's?"

I laughed, "Boy, don't make me fight you on this porch."

That's when the door opened, and there stood IJ.

IJ

"Momma!" I called. "The door!"

"Boy, get that door," she laughed from where her and CiCi were in her room.

I looked in the mirror one more time. I was wearing a black shirt that said Harlem '98 in white letter and black jeans. I also had on my black Roaches.

It was just the three of us in the house today. August took Sanaa to his mommas for the afternoon for some family time. So the house'll be just for our family.

I walked down the stairs, and pulled the front door open. There, I saw my dad and some kid laughing. I felt my heart fall into my stomach. That must be the son he was talking about.

I was speechless, and everything was quiet until Roc broke the silence.

"Wassup, man?" He held out his fist.

I looked at it for a moment, then back at the kid in front of me. I guess it's not his fault that his dad is a dick.

I fist-bumped Roc, and he smiled. "This is my son, Christian."

"I like yo' Kicks, bruhh." Christian said, pointing.

"Thanks..." I said, feeling awkward.

Cianni walked down the stairs, and into the room.

She was wearing a pair of acid-wash jeans and some black Timbs with a black graphic tee.

She saw Roc and Christian at the door, and waved.

"Hi!" she smiled. Roc waved back.

"Daaaaaamn," Christian said, acting like Smokey. "Shawty baaad, pops!"

I don't think I like this kid.

Roc popped Christian on the head. "Don't say damn."

That's the only problem you had with that statement?!

Jamie

When we walked into the doctor's office, people looked at us funny.

Why, you ask?