Chapter 1 : 2 Years Later

Start from the beginning

"We had agreed to not interfere in each other's professional lives."

"You are too naïve Nandini." Alya said.

Nandini looked at them and in no time, she started sobbing, and now the other two didn't know how to handle her. They were still looking at each other helplessly when suddenly Nandini's phone started ringing and Mukti picked it up.

"Hey-"

"Mukti? Where's Nandini?"

"With me. Actually we are in this bar-resto, in Kamala Mills...."

"She's drunk?"

"She is."

Mukti heard Manik sigh.

"I will pick her up, you guys don't bother. I'll be there in 10."

"He's coming." Mukti told Alya.

In 10 minutes, a dapper-looking Manik entered the venue and looked for them. Alya spotted him and signalled him. Manik noticed Nandini blabbering.

"Hey girls, need a drop?" Manik asked, making Nandini stand.

"Manik, I can shtand-"

"Shut up." Manik said and looked towards the two.

"We are fine, I have my car." Mukti said.

"Okay, text when y'all reach." Manik said and dragged Nandini with him.

"Shtop manhandling me!" Nandini snapped.

"Stop talking and keep your trap shut for a while, Nandini." Manik said, being pissed.

After making her sit in the car and securing her belt, he took the seat.

"Why are you drinking at 4 in the afternoon Nandini?" Manik asked.

"I felt like it."

Manik sighed and drove towards their home.

"We're home."

Nandini unbuckled the belt and stormed inside the building. Manik followed her, avoiding the curious gazes of their neighbours.

"Nandini-"

"Shtoppp. I don't want to...ta-talk." Nandini removed her heels and threw them away.

"You have to, at one point!"

"And you don't get to decide that, okay!???" Nandini said, stumbling a bit.

"Nand-"

"Don't touch me! What if I get pregnant? Haww!" Nandini exclaimed dramatically.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Not at all." Nandini said in a sing-song voice, walked to the kitchen and tried to make herself some lime juice. Manik took out a bottle of whiskey and gulped it down.

"Nandini listen to me, I-"

"You what Manik?! You what? I am tired! So tired of pretending to be okay with all this. First, that bitch is always around you, second, you have stopped touching me! Do you even remember that I am your wife?"

"What shit are you talking-"

"No no! I am not talking shit Manik. This is serious. You remember when Adah was born? What did we talk about? I will remind you."

"Such a doll-like baby! I am in love." Nandini said, admiring the infant.

"Truly."

"Manik, tumne kabhi imagine kiya hai...our child?"

"Not yet...but now it seems like a good idea."