05 || They're just that IT couple

Seokmin appeared at the lunch table he and his friends usually sat at with a tray in hand and a frown on sight. They didn't notice him at first due to the fact that they had been engaged in deep conversation from before he even arrived at the table, but Seokmin didn't take much offense from that.

Honestly, the junior didn't mind not being included in the conversation from the start because of how downcast he felt. It wasn't every day that Seokmin managed to piss off someone. In fact, he was well known for being one of the kindest and sweetest people in the whole school.

Doing something like irritating someone to the point where they actively switched seats to get away from him was definitely new for him.

“You’re always so stubborn Wonwoo, seriously!” Seokmin snapped out of his dreary trance to give his friends his full attention while they proceeded to scold Wonwoo. It was only then that the brunet noticed that the other juniors in their friend group, Mingyu and Chan, were nowhere to be seen in the cafeteria.

Perhaps they were at another table that was far from sight; the point was that they both were absent from the table, which was peculiar in itself.

“This is coming from the most stubborn person I know.” Wonwoo spoke nonchalantly as he gestured to the person who had been speaking who happened to be one of Seokmin's other friends in their senior year, Jun.

The purple haired senior scoffed lightly as Wonwoo continued speaking with his nonchalant tone because he knew that the latter was definitely feeling guilty over what he had said to Mingyu. Jun could tell by the way Wonwoo trailed off during his next sentence. “It’s not that big of a deal. You can’t really tell me they’re both upset over this...”

“Wonwoo as your close friend, I have to tell you the whole truth, which is that Mingyu and Chan are really upset and I feel like you’re in the wrong.” Jun threw an arm over Wonwoo's shoulder to provide comfort. It was too bad Wonwoo shrugged the stray arm off of him immediately upon contact. That was okay though; Jun was used to being rejected like that by his stoic best friend.

“I mean of course you shouldn’t have to force yourself to do things for someone, but the way you went about telling Mingyu you didn’t want to join his team really hurt his feelings. And Chan is also part of that team so it must have hit him too when he found out you basically said you care nothing for the team.”

“You start dating Joshua and suddenly you’re a fountain of dating advice ready to provide all this information upon request? Where was all this before?” The brunet reading out of a Physics textbook while sitting next to Seokmin looked up at the mention of his name. That's all he did though when he realized that they were only referring to him and did not expect him at all to join their conversation (which like Seokmin, Joshua did not mind).

“What can I say? I am a changed person.” Jun smiled proudly while boasting about himself. One thing that changed was that after he started dating Joshua, his confidence had certainly boosted.

Everyone around the purple haired teenager noticed that for sure, especially Joshua who did get tired of hearing it from Jun from time to time. The energetic senior kicked his boyfriend under the lunch table and laughed when the brunet glared at Jun from behind his Physics reading material. “Come to me whenever you need advice! I am always here to provide! Seokmin come on, hit me with your best issue!”

The friend group composed of just three seniors, for now, all turned their heads to glance at Seokmin who had been way too quiet for their liking. It was peculiar for the usually enthusiastic junior to stay silent, so they all collectively concluded that something was up with the young brunet.

“I made a new friend, or well I thought I did, and then I offended him? Or at least I think I did?” Seokmin questioned as he tried to reflect on what had happened earlier.

“I don’t know, I just mentioned the baseball team and then he got all cold and angry towards me. Am I a mean person for just pushing it on him, I really didn’t mean for that and I care. I mean I just met him and I like him; I want to be his friend but I feel like I messed up.”

“You and your stupid baseball team.” Wonwoo mumbled bitterly as he cast his gaze downwards towards the surface of the lunch table. He peeked upwards to catch all of his friends, excluding Seokmin, furrowing their eyebrows at him. Today just wasn't his day at all. The black-haired senior sighed before standing up and carrying his tray away with him. “Sorry. I’m just a bit wound up. I’ll see you guys all later.”

“It sounds like your friend was a bit upset by what you said, but there was no way you could have known how they would have reacted.” Seokmin nodded after hearing Joshua's convincing argument. The senior's rationality was enough to make the guilt Seokmin felt slowly start to lift off of his shoulders. “Just give them a little space and I’m sure you both can resolve this.”

"You're right. We barely know each other and I can't be too upset that I hurt them without really knowing what makes them tick." Seokmin exclaimed a bit too loudly which caused nearby students to giggle at his volume. Both Joshua and Jun were used to how loud Seokmin got when he was excited, but that didn't stop either of them from looking down in embarrassment for their friend.

The brunet sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck once the embarrassment hit him and chuckled before leaning down to whisper to his friends. Shortly after he made his exit, leaving behind his tray of lunch in favor of seeking out Jeonghan. "I'll still apologize though because I felt horrible."

The pair observed as Seokmin dashed off. It was when he was out of sight that both deemed it okay to steal from his lunch tray which was moderately packed with food. Joshua grabbed an apricot from the tray while Jun opted for taking Seokmin's bottle of strawberry juice as his hostage. Jun hummed at the taste of the cool liquid and in that moment he decided that stealing Seokmin's drink was definitely one of the greatest ideas he'd ever had in a long time.

At the same time Jun started kicking Joshua under the table while the two respectively started to enjoy their lunches. The brunet across the table was still deeply invested in his Physics textbook, but that didn't stop Joshua from playing along with his boyfriend.

"Wow we really are that couple huh? In the middle of the chaos we are now the shining light our friends go towards for guidance and consolation!" Jun bragged as he ceased kicking Joshua on the table to rest his chin on his hands.

The purple haired male spied on the brunet in front of him with great expectations for being acknowledged by his boyfriend, but pouted fiercely when he realized the sound of his voice was being drowned out by the words in the textbook in front of Joshua. "Hey, you're ignoring me!"

"No I'm not." Joshua answered almost instinctively without glancing upwards at the pouty male sitting across from him. He was so enticed by his studies that he didn't notice Jun's arm slowly making its way to his side of the table before shifting to quickly shut the Physics textbook in front of him.

Because of this, Joshua glared right at Jun who could only offer a childishly loud burst of laughter in response to his boyfriend's provoked expression. "Junhui, what the hell?!"

= = =

yes yes I couldn't help myself with the junshua crumbs. wow do i miss writing for my precious book childish 😔, or writing in general.

college sucks so far :/
I hate having no time for writing fics but whatever ajjaja