Intro: Home;Run

"Mom hurry up! Dad's about to bat!" A young Jeonghan exclaimed as he ran down the narrow aisles of the baseball stadium's seating area. Due to his young age, with him being about seven, Jeonghan had the speed advantage and therefore ran ahead of his mother right to their seats behind home plate. They were quite expensive, but was anything really too expensive when your dad was the star player of his baseball team?

Not having to worry at all about the costs of anything was a perk to having a famous athlete as a parent, what with all those endorsements and brand deals paying Jeonghan's father enough so that if he saved up he could buy his own private island if he wanted to.

Sometimes Jeonghan fantasized about owning his own private island with exotic animals as pets, that was when he wasn't thinking about what flavor of ice cream to have after dinner every night. Strawberry was his favorite, but sometimes Jeonghan felt content with a nice bowl of Rocky Road. His mother always scolded him for eating ice cream almost every day after dinner, saying that it would make his stomach feel ill, but to Jeonghan it was totally worth the stomachache. "It's the last inning... dad must feel really pressured being the last to bat."

"You're right, but you know your dad. He sure has a knack for using his luck to get out of sticky situations like these." The older woman, Jeonghan's mother, spoke sweetly to her son as she leaned down towards him so that he could hear her despite the roaring crowd behind them. If it weren't for him she wouldn't have had a reason to attend the baseball game. Unlike the seven year old, the thin black haired woman had no liking for the ball sport at all. She did love her son though, and for Jeonghan she would move the moon just to make the seven year old happy.

"Yeah! Dad's so cool, isn't he mom?" Jeonghan glanced upwards at his mother for approval. She nodded at him kindly while masking the sour feeling that crossed her heart while staring at the figure of her husband getting ready to bat at home plate.

On the field he could be seen by thousands as he brushed the back of his left heel across the dirt near the home plate while gripping his bat with an ample amount of strength. Being a professional baseball player meant that he knew exactly how much power he needed to put behind his swings; all of that information rushed through his head naturally, as if thinking about the statistics of his swing were as instinctive as taking a deep breath in and out.

While the older woman tapped her right foot anxiously against the ground, her son's eyes stayed glued to the man at the home plate. The pitcher of the opposing team shifted his cap to the left and nodded to the catcher behind the batter right before winding up his pitch and letting one of his infamous curveballs fly across the field. Two times that occured and each time the batter missed, making the crowd roar with outrage.

Every person in the stadium rooting for the home team was at the edges of their seats. Their nerves raced around like a marathon runner on a track as they watched the pitcher and then surveyed back to their favorite batter. A little seven year old boy in particular kept his gaze fixated on the batter as he cried out with a loud roar of hope. "You’ve got this dad!"

"It's the bottom of the ninth and all of the bases are loaded. Two outs and two strikeouts already, can Jung Wooseok pull off another miracle and win the entire game by scoring for the Seagulls?" The voice of one of the announcers rang out throughout the stadium as the suspense on the field built up. He was so loud that in the bathrooms nearby, a middle aged man nearly fell into a toilet at the obnoxious sound of the announcer yelling about the action on the field over the stadium's PA system.

The three basemen of the opposing team looked just about ready for anything to happen as they glared carefully at the base runners who looked to their star batter confidently. He had pushed them through rougher times and like any good, trusting team they had faith in him. The loud announcer's voice ceased to ring throughout the busy stadium as he then proceeded to pass the microphone to his partner. "What do you think of this Minho?"