Author Note

So to sum of the ending, all happened was there was a major time skip. Dean is "dead" and Sofia's brother and father team up after she decides to leave the family name. It had always been something she wanted to do from the beginning. Her brother was kicked out of the family because he was to controlling and his father saw him unfit for the title. However being that he was last of their family blood line his father decided to team up with him and Sofia's mother wasn't accepting of their actions so her father and brother killed her mother. Dean's brother killed Sofia's brother who is also know as Gomez and her father. Dean went into hiding to protect his family and his parents were left in the dark. The only people that were aware of him in hiding was his two brothers. That's why his parents kicked Sofia out and didn't let her attendant the "funeral" The private island was a plan that Dean and Sofia had created to get away from the cartel life and that's why she choose to take their children there only to be surprised when she found her husband there. Sorry if the ending was confusing but I didn't know what else to do with the story and motivation for it went south for the winter. I hope this helps clear ending and confusion.