Chapter Two: The Masked Guy

Four months had passed by and I was still living in my flat unbothered by the world. I had slipped up two months ago and went to a club forgetting my low tolerance for brown alcohol and slept with Lucas who now wouldn't leave me alone. Like any other day I had to deal with him ringing my doorbell over and over again but I never opened the door because he was no longer the person that owned my heart. I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower before going back into the closet and laying out my outfit for the day. I walked back into the bathroom and stripped out of my nightwear before stepping into the shower. After showering I combed out my hair before grabbing my defusion and drying my curls some. I smiled before walking out the bathroom and getting dressed.

I grabbed my grocery list off of the table and my keys. I checked my purse for my wallet and headed out. I smiled when I saw Lucas was gone. I really didn't feel like dealing with him today. I walked to the store only because it wasn't that far away and I hadn't driven a vehicle since the day I got my license. I wouldn't say I was complaining though because for once in my life I felt normal. To be able to walk down the street and not have everyone stare at me was like a dream come true. I entered the store and headed straight to the can good aisle because  I needed some tomato paste for my pizza sauce. I was searching high and low for the small can but I couldn't find it. I sighed but my eye caught the can I was looking for only being that it was on the fourth self at the very top. I tried staying on the self to reach it but that didn't work. I climbed up another self and still couldn't reach it.

I sighed and tried to climb back down but slipped. I closed my eyes ready for the impact but I felt nothing. I opened my eyes and met these green eyes that made me pause for a minute. The sweet smell of his polo red cologne and the tattoos on his hands made me wonder how far up they went. He cleared his throat before standing me back up and grabbing two cans of the paste for me. His face was covered by a mask and his hair was covered by his hat.

"Thank you for getting these for me." I said.

"No problem, doll." He replied in a deep voice.

I gulped as his voice sent chills through my body. I didn't know who  he was but I wouldn't mind bumping into him again. I grabbed a few more items before going to the checkout line. I was lining my items up when I heard,

"Let me guess you're making spaghetti for dinner?"

"Pizza actually, the noodles for another meal." I replied.

"Cute, I'll pay for all of this ma'am." The male said.

"No, it's fine I can handle my own bill." I replied

"I know you can doll, but why would I make you pay for this when I'm right here." He replied.

"Well do I at least get to know your name?" I asked.

He chuckled lightly before sliding his card. He grabbed his bags and walked out the store. I grabbed my stuff  and walked out only to see him getting into a black ferrari. I found it strange that he helped in the store and paid for my food. I was keeping my guard up while walking back home because it just didn't feel right. I couldn't place my hand on it but I just felt it. When I turned the corner to my apartment I saw Lucas sitting on steps and I sighed internally before walking up.

"Go away Lucas." I said sternly.

"Come on Sofia, you know that you love me." He said.

"No I don't, Lucas." I said as I opened the door to my place.

"Sofia,  don't do this. You know I won't stop until I make you mine again." He said as I sighed.

"Goodbye Lucas." I said while closing the door and locking it.