Chapter Five:

The thought of losing someone close to me had never crossed my mind until now. I was standing here holding the hand of what was supposed to be my happy wife. I knew I needed more guards but no one listened to me. She was three days out of surgery and still there was no response to her waking up. She took three bullets. One to her upper shoulder, one in her chest and in her side. They didn't hit any organs thankfully and now I just wanted her to wake up. She risked her life to protect my sister and my daughter, our daughter, she was trying to protect our daughter.

Her hands were so cold and her skin was pale. I hated hospitals but I couldn't leave her. I didn't understand the feeling or pull I felt towards her but she had won my heart the day I met her in the store. For three months I watched her day and night before agreeing to her father's plan. He had contacted me months before we actually met and once I saw her personality and heart I wanted to know more about her. I wanted to give this a try, being in love I wanted it to work but like always nothing goes the way I want it to go. I kissed her forehead before walking out of the room.

"Did you all find Del?" I asked.

"Lucas has her held up at the depot." Roman responded.

"Let's go. No one goes into that room without you." I told the guard.

We all loaded up into Ronnie's car heading to Lucas's hideout. I wasn't in the mood for his drama today but he had something I wanted back. My baby sister was my world, maybe it was a twin thing but she knew no matter what happened in this world I would be there to protect. When we arrived at the house, I could hear Adele's laughter making me pause in my steps. Maybe he didn't kidnap her after all. I walked over to the door and knocked on it, signaling everyone to stand down. The door opened and Lucas's eyes widened.

"Adele?" He said.

"D, w-what's wrong? Is she..." Adele questioned.

"I thought you got kidnapped." I replied coldly.

"I'm fine, D. Go be with Sof.; She needs you more than anyone. Emelle is at home and safe with nanny Gale." She said.

"I'll go home but no more sending us out on a mission when you are safe." I said.

She laughed before hugging me tightly. She knew what I was hiding behind my mask and I didn't have to say it. There was only one other person that could do that. Sofia, without me telling her she could easily pick up my emotions no matter how hard I tried to hide them. I broke the hug and Adele smile before saying,

"It's going to be okay. Hurry back to her D."

Ronnie drove back to the hospital and I slowly walked into the room but found her in the same position that I left her in. I held her hand and kissed her forehead.

"I need you to wake up, Mrs. Russo. Emelle misses you and I.... I miss you too. Please don't leave me now." I whispered as my voice cracked.

I took a deep breath but my heart dropped when her machines started to beep rapidly. The nurses and doctors rushed into the room as my world crumbled. I paced the hallway holding in my tears knowing that I could never have a wife if they didn't revive her. The door opened and the doctor came to me.

"She is stable again. We will continue to monitor her." He said.

"Thank you doc." I replied before going back into the room.

I kneeled down beside her bed holding her hand not knowing what to do. I couldn't understand why it was like this. I had never wanted to know someone so bad in my life nor had I wanted to form a relationship with anyone until I met her. That night I went home and cuddled our daughter in my arms as she cried out for Sofia. She had even become accustomed to her in those few days. Time had nothing to do with feelings or bond; it was the vibe and comfortableness that was formed with that person.

Three weeks had gone by and there was nothing from her. I was currently holding her hand while crying. I was begging her with everything in me to come back to me. I wanted her to hug me and to kiss my cheek. I wanted to hear her stubborn attitude come out, and her flustered face when I put my foot down. I felt a squeeze on my hand causing me to look up meeting her eyes. My tears ran down my face as she wiped them away, hugging me tightly. I held her closer to me, warming up her body.

"I missed you so much." I whispered.

"I missed you just a little bit more." She replied.

I cupped her face before kissing her softly. The smile I had been searching for was finally there. She pulled me back into the kiss, not wasting another minute. When we broke the kiss I hugged her tightly taking in her scent that I never wanted to forget. I broke the hug as the door to her room opened, seeing the doctor with a smile on her face. She did a small assessment on her before smiling and saying,

"I'm going to order some labs and if everything looks good then you will be free to take her home."

"How is Emelle?" She asked.

"Missing you. I'm hoping you can come home today otherwise I'm going to need a new supply of shirts." I joked.

"Did you find out who attacked you?" She asked.

"No, but I think I know who!" I replied coldly.

"Did you hurt people?" She questioned softly.

"No, I was too worried about you and keeping everyone safe for now." I expressed, in a loving tone.

"How bad off am I?" She asked.

"Your upper shoulder, chest and side. They wrapped you really nicely so you shouldn't feel any pain." I explained.

"Are they healed up?" She asked.

"Just about." I replied.

She smiled softly while reaching out for my hand. I sat down beside her holding her hand in mine. I interlock our fingers while leaning in to connect our lips once more.

I broke the kiss and rest my forehead against hers taking in her scent calming my soul. She lean up just a little bit to peck my lips again. I smiled before pushing her hair back.

"I'm really ready to go home. Can we leave here please?" She asked.

"Once they run some test we are free to go. What do you want to eat tonight?" I asked.

"Anything." She replied.

I chuckled softly before going out and getting her discharge papers together. The doctor had speed her test up and everything was clear.

The ride was completely silent as I held her hand. Her head rested on my shoulder as we both admired the view of the outside world. When we arrived to the house, Emelle rushed to Sofia happily.

"My baby, I've missed you so much." Sofia said.

"I've missed you." Emelle said as she hugged her tightly.

I stood back admiring the view of my new family. I never wanted a family but so bad until now. This was my new found happiness and no one would take this away from me no one.

To be Continued

Author note: Sorry for the long wait my loves. The next chapter will be bit longer than this one.