----------------------------------

I stepped off the crowded train and looked up. Wait? I'm actually here? Like, this isn't a dream? Is this a fucking wattpad story? I did it. I broke free. I pulled my backpack from off my shoulders, grabbed my map and quickly found the location of the Umbrella Academy. Oh shit, it was only a few blocks away! I shoved my map into my backpack and started to run. If I paid attention to my mind and what I was thinking, I would've found that I wasn't anxious about anything anymore. Too in the moment to care. I was just excited and happy to be away from my parents. The monsters who claimed I was anything but special.

-------------------------------

I stood in front of the giant building, a huge smile painted across my face as I took wide but slow steps toward the front doors. The butterflies in my stomach had suddenly seemed to multiply as my confidence shrunk a bit. I couldn't leave now! I had to knock. I slowly raised my shaking fist to knock three times against the door. Weak breaths escaped my mouth as I could hear approaching footsteps, then the turn of a doorknob. The tall man standing before me stared deep into my soul, wondering what the hell my business was here.

"Who are you and why are you here?" The man, who I presumed was Reginald Hargreeves, asked me in a accent I couldn't define.

"I-I..I am Y/N L/N, and I think I am one of the 43." I stated less confidently than I intended to. Reginald looked at me as if I were a dead mouse on his doorstep, but cocked his head to the side a bit. Already, I knew what he would say.

"You think you're one of the 43 super-powered children?" He took a step forward. "Your date of birth?"

"October 1st, 1989." I claimed. He nodded before asking another question.

"You have a power? Or some ability?" I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to make the nervousness in my stomach go away.

"Um, well. No, but I know I'm one of the 43 because my mother-"

"I will not accept this!" He snapped at me with a harsh tone, causing my stomach to hurt even more.

"No please! I swear I have a power I just- it's been really rough at home-"

"I do not care for your life at your home, for that is your business and not mine. Now please get away from my property!" He crushed my ego once more before tears started to threaten my vision.

"Please! I came all the way from (y/h/t) to here! Maybe you could help me find my power!" I cried, tears beginning to fall. Damn it. Not only was I upset and sad, but I was also embarrassed. I traveled all the way to New York just to cry in front of Sir Reginald Hargreeves himself? I can't do this! I dropped to the ground and bawled my eyes out. I don't know what got into me, but I was so upset and sad and embarrassed, that I had never cried this much, not even at my parents house. I was so confident and happy earlier, and now look at me.

"What the- Where did you go?" He suddenly exclaimed. I looked up, confused as to what he could mean.

"I-I'm right here." I told him through intense sniffles. His face showed a mix of confusion and worry. Could he not see me? Was this some kind of rude joke? Great, not only is he embarrassing me but he's making me look stupid. I looked down at my hands to find that they weren't there anymore. I wasn't there anymore. Except for I could see the setting around me, I just couldn't see myself.

"What the hell?!" I staggered backwards, trying to find a visible part of my body, letting out random noises of fear and confusion fall out of my agape mouth.

"Invisibility.." Reginald mumbled out quietly, but just enough so I could hear.

"HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN VISIBLE AGAIN?!" I screamed. Maybe this was a dream.

"Here, just- come inside! Quickly!" Reginald exclaimed, opening the door for me to come in. I quickly went inside and took a look around. The house, or should I say, mansion, was clean, tidy, most likely kept clean by a maid.

"Reginald? Is everything alright?" A pretty woman stood in front of me. She had blonde hair up in a bun, and a polka dot skirt on.

"Yes, everything is fine, Grace, you can go back to your business now." The woman, I presume is Grace, nodded and walked back into a hallway before Sir Reginald spoke again.

"Stay right here..what was your name again?"

"Y/N."

"Yes. Stay right here Y/N. I'll be back soon." Reginald spoke as he started off into the same hallway that Grace went into. I closed my eyes.

I really got into the Umbrella Academy? I have powers? I started to take several deep breaths to calm me and my nerves down before he came back again. Sooner or later, I felt extremely calmer, and much better.

"Who are you?" I heard a questioning voice approach from in front of me. I thought it was Reginald again, but my instincts said otherwise. I opened my eyes and gazed at the young boy in front of me. He had soft brown hair, and forest green eyes that you could get lost in, as if they were really forests.

"I-I'm Y/N, but-"

"This is Number Eight. A new member of the Umbrella Academy. Training with her abilities will start tomorrow." Sir Reginald walked back in, interrupting my moment with the dazzling boy. The Boy nodded and pulled his hand out from his pockets to in front of him, gesturing that you shake it.

"I'm Number Five. Nice to meet you Number Eight." I shook his hand, looking into his eyes as he looked into mine, also checking out the rest of my body and outfit.

"Nice shorts." I decided to add, indicating Five's school-boy shorts he was sporting. Both of them stared at me, while Five creaked a smile, and if I heard right, a small laugh.

"I see you two have already made an alliance. Number Five, her room will be the one next to yours. Go introduce her to it. Make sure to show her around the academy too." Reginald concluded, before he left the room.

"Come on Y/N, I'll show you around." Five said, giving me a warm smile and gesturing that I should follow him. I knew I was special.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well there you have it folks 😍☝️
Also, I'm working on a chapter that one of my friends requested and i was like, "wait a damn minute....THIS IS A GREAT IDEA"
So i will be posting that soon 💃

Thank you all for reading, my lovelies 😍💕 i love yall so so so so much 💪 stay hydrated and stay healthy until the next chapter 💕💖💕💖