𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 → 𝙰𝚗 𝙴𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝙾𝚞𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚝

⊹ 𝟹-𝟷𝟾-𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟾 ⊹

Sunny Heights was a beautiful property owned by the Starkeys. I found myself pulling into the driveway after leaving Julian with John for the night for a chat with Ringo's wife, Maureen. Until recently, it felt like she was the only one of all the Beatles' wives that understood me, what with also being a mother, but now my problems spanned farther than just that and it felt like no one understood me. Despite that, it was always nice to have another female to talk to, and God knows I had a lot to talk about this time.

I knocked on the front door and waited patiently for a response, hoping that I had waited long enough to where Jason and Zak would already be asleep. Ringo answered the door, looking quite confused when he saw me. "Liss? Whatcha doin' here, love?" he asked, moving aside courteously to let me inside.

"Mo here?" I asked. "Had a rough day and could use another lady to chat with, I think."

"I think that she's upstairs putting Jason to bed. He's been a stubborn little arse all day long," Ringo told me jokingly, giving me a smirk. "He's only just now finished eating dinner. Put up quite the fight before he finally agreed to go to bed."

I nodded, grinning at the idea of a stubborn baby. Julian had been the most stubborn baby. There were nights where I laid in bed physically praying to the God up above that he'd outgrow crying through the night instead of sleeping. Luckily, he slept through the night now...though, he wasn't any less stubborn. He was just  stubborn in different bloody ways. "Well, I don't wanna get in your way, so maybe I'll just go," I said, turning around before he could even respond.

"Wait, Alissa," Ringo said. "She'll be down in just a mo'. I'll go tell her you're here."

"I really hope I'm not interfering on anything," I insisted.

Ringo shook his head. "We didn't have any plans tonight," he said, going toward the stairs to retrieve Maureen for me.

I looked around at the foyer of their beautiful home. I could smell the lovely scent of candles burning. Zak and Jason's coats were hanging on the rack beside the door, and Maureen and Ringo's were on either side of them. One pair each of their shoes were all lined perfectly on the wall next to the door. Everything was so organized. That's what Maureen liked to do with her free time. She liked to tidy up the place, organize everything, and so it always looked neat in here.

It felt like a home, a home like Kenwood had felt to me at some point. I missed those times.

"Liss, what's up?" I looked up from the spectacle by the front door and saw Maureen standing in the doorway with a smile.

"I had a shitty day," I responded with a sigh. "Was really hoping that you had time for a chat." I blushed. "And maybe a drink or two?" I offered up with a nervous laugh.