Disturbing Behaviour

Start from the beginning

He puts his hands up in the air as if he were innocent. "Yes ma'am."

I let out a small giggle. "Thank you."

"Anytime, mini Gilbert." He winks before waving me off so he can go downstairs and start preparing the chili.

I roll my eyes laughing as he does so.

- -

A little over 20 minutes later, I finally got ready for the day and now Damon and I are making chili.

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck." He licks off the chili he got on his finger. "Everybody brings chili." I huff shaking my head, continuing to stir it in the pot. "Hey, Ric."

"What's up?"

I glance up at him. "Did Elena tell you a time for us to head to the Lockwood party?"

"Ah." Ric tilts his head. "Those founders parties aren't really my thing."

"Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought chili." Damon informs the obvious.

I look over at him shrugging. "It's an old family recipe, okay?"

"Yeah! I know." He chuckles. "I knew your old family. They made sucky chili."

Damon looks me in the eyes smiling and I nudge him in the side with my elbow laughing at his constant teasing. It isn't annoying, it's...cute.

Ric furrows his brows seemingly not liking how Damon and I were acting just now. "Why are you here, exactly?"

Damon nudges his head over to me. "She knows."

"He thinks I'm going to break." I roll my eyes, Damon takes the big wooden spoon from my hand taking over the mixing. "I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found."

Damon shrugs to Ric. "She's in denial."

I give him a glare, speaking through my clenched teeth. "I'm not in denial."

Damon raises an eyebrow. "No?" I shake my head crossing my arms while leaning against the counter. He picks up my phone from beside the bowl of chili and opens it. He faces my phone to me and it shows that I've called him 6 times in the past hour with no answer.

I snatch my phone from him huffing.

- -

After the whole chili fiasco or whatever you want to call it, Damon had to go meet sheriff Forbes and Ric had to go back to his apartment. Now, I was only left with Jeremy who was locked inside his room. I was also upstairs tidying up my own room before the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" I shout out loud so Jer can hear. I race down the stairs and open the front door.

It's Caroline. She's holding a bowl of food in her hands. "I come bearing gifts!"

I let out a joking groan. "Please say that's not chili..."

She grins stepping aside. Bonnie and Elena appear and come in.

"Bonnie!" I gasp.

She giggles. "I'm back!" I smile pulling her in for a tight hug. "I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for the three of you." Bonnie laughs as she pulls away.

Me, Caroline and Elena look at each other. Jeremy suddenly comes down the stairs.

"Bonnie!"

"Jeremy." She rushes over to him and they kiss and embrace each other.