The Chapel

I woke up in a bed alone. I didn't think much of it until I remembered last night. I had finally found Lexington. We had decided to fix things, and he fell asleep in my embrace.

So why the fuck was I alone? 

I threw myself from the bed. The door to the bath room was open. It was empty. I hurried down the hallway. 

He stood there in the kitchen, peeling an apple with a knife. Next to him stood Forrest, cooking over the stove. Forrest's ears perked as I slowed.

"Oh, hey, Arn," he offered me a smile.

My face flushed heavily. I was completely naked. Forrest was here, too. 

"Are you okay?" Lex asked slowly.

"I'm fine," I retreated a few steps. "I got scared when I was alone."

"I come make breakfast every morning," Forrest explained. "Sorry, dat was my fault."

"It's okay," I said.

"There's plenty of clothes in my bureau and closet," Lex suggested. "Feel free to use them."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I'll do that."

I found something to wear. I showered in the bath room quickly before putting on the clean clothes. They reeked of Lexington, and I had to force myself to return to the kitchen.

Forrest had set out some jam and honey. He set down a warm, open-faced sandwich before us. Lex set apple slices on the edge of all our plates. Forrest drizzled his sandwich with jam and honey. I glanced at the ham on the bread for a moment. I settled for just the jam. 

"Glad to see the two of you happily back together," Forrest grinned.

Lex nearly spat out his tea. "Forrest, please, it is too early-"

"He's the one who burst into the room naked," Forrest smirked in my direction. "I'm glad you made it back here after twelve seasons. That you two still have positive feelings for one another. Distance is a test."

"Seasons?" I looked at him.

"Water fae measure time in seasons, not cycles," Lex explained. "I've learned a lot about them through working with them."

I cast my gaze down. I had grown up surrounded by water fae. How did I not know their way of telling time? I could even speak Oceanic, but I still fell short.

"Have you been back to Delta Ace yet?" Forrest piped up. "We all received a stipend for our journeys. I'm sure Thalia hasn't forgotten yours."

"No," I answered. "I went straight for Lexington."

Lex stood, giving Forrest half of a hug. "Breakfast was delicious, thank you."

"There's still yogurt and fruit if you're still hungry," he offered. 

"Arn?" Lex turned to his ice box.

"Sure," I shrugged.

When we finished, Lexington changed. I waited with Forrest, who filled me in on the drama of the last few days. He told me how Lexington solved the conflict between Alcibiades and his brother, which he had gotten into the middle of.