At first I thought the bright lights of the room mixed with the alcohol I consumed had me hallucinating until the goddess before me offered me the cutest of smiles along with a shy wave. Her emerald dress accentuated her curves whilst flowing freely against the room’s breeze.

Her hair was tied up and dazzled with jewels and all I could think about was how many times we used my hand as her hair band so it wouldn’t get in the way as she went down on me. It’s safe to say I was in a trance which had me looking like a momentarily fool on stage.

Crystal had got my attention which caused me to make a joke about becoming best friends with the bar tender tonight because of the free alcohol which had the crowd erupting in laughter. I ended my speech and made way through congratulating citizens just to get to Athena, before she disappeared from my life again.

“Dante.” I carefully watched my name leave her lips before curling into a smile.

“God you look beautiful.”

 No other words had being formulating in my brain until realisation hit me, Athena was here and so was her mother. This beautiful reunion had turned into the worst case scenario, I needed to get Athena out of here now.

Come with me.” I offered her my hand with love in my eyes, after all this time she’s still the one I call home.

“Athena, what the hell are you doing here?” Matias’s voice almost shook the room.

“Athena? Is that really you my sweet baby?” I watched Adrianna rush through the crowd which caused my hand to involuntarily interlock with Athena’s.

“Mom?” Athena questioned in disbelief.

Within the blink of an eye Athena had collapsed, luckily my strong arms had caught her and did not intend on letting her go. Quite the scene had being caused but this wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, soon people were back to making small talk and feasting on hors d’oeuvres.

I had carried Athena to another room and laid her down. Her family were not far behind me as I instructed a waiter to bring some water.

Maybe you should wait outside.” I suggested to Adrianna.

“I have every right to be here, she’s my daughter.” She back fired.

Your daughter? The same daughter you haven’t given a damn about in over 20 years? Save me the concerned mother act, it’s a bit too late for that.” I mocked.

“How dare you?” Adrianna came towards me, her wrinkled hand slapped my face. She really was putting on an almost believable show.

“Enough.” Matias shouted as he sprinkled some water on Athena’s face.

I looked at my angel, she was so peaceful in that moment. I had almost did not want her to wake up and face the cruel reality that laid before her. I should seethe at the sight of her, after all she left me in the cruellest way possible but because I know her heart, hating Athena is possible.

“Dante.” There’s my name again leaving her perfect lips although this time there was a shift in her tone, she sounded scared and confused which didn’t sit well with me.

Hey.” I knelt beside her and stroked the top of her head whilst she looked up at me with pools of regret in her eyes.

Athena tried to sit up on her own but being the attentive man that I was, I helped her in doing so.

End of p.o.v

“You should be dead.” Athena spat these words with fire at her mother.

“It’s a miracle that I came back to my family, back to where I belong.”

Athena got up and laughed towards her mother, with one swift motion she had slapped Adrianna’s face much to Dante’s amusement.

You should have stayed in whatever hell hole you crawled out off. You’re not my mother.”

And you three, you knew she was alive and didn’t think of warning me?” Athena turned her attention to her father and brothers who had nothing to say on the subject.

“Did you know?” Athena questioned Dante, hoping he wasn’t another person who had betrayed her.

“Of course he didn’t.” Remus lied on Dante’s behalf.

Dante walked towards Athena and placed his hand on the small of her back, standing tall and protective beside her knowing the worst of the night was yet to come.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐧 ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें