Episode 25: Henry & the Bad Girl, Part 2

~Big Putts Golf Course~

The Wall Dogs had returned to Swellview's best golf course to finish what they had tried to start the previous night. With no Captain Man or Kid Danger in sight, they rapidly got to work in tagging and defacing the windmill.

"Hey. Hey. Hey, check this out." One of them caught the attention of the others as they noticed Veronika returning to the group, only she wasn't alone. She had Kid Danger by her side.

"Surprise" She smirked at her gang, who scowled as Henry nervously shuffled behind her. 'Just stick to the plan.' He repeated in his head, trying to calm his racing heartbeat.

"Hello, everyone." He waved at the criminals, but they just looked at the two teens in irritated confusion.

"Wait, what?" They all asked, wondering why their teammate would bring the enemy to them.

"so, uh..." Henry looked at Veronika for reassurance.

"Oh, that's T-Paint, Two Canz, Beonspray..." She started to name all of her friends, which stressed them out big time.

"Veronika!" A boy scolded her.

"What?" The girl replied in an annoyed tone. She didn't like it when she was interrupted.

"He's Captain Man's budge." The dude said, and the Wall Dogs angrily pointed at the teen superhero.

"Hey! I'm a lot more than Captain Man's budge! For example, I'm good at tennis, I make excellent tacos." Henry told them, offended that they just saw him as an extension of his boss.

"What if he tells Captain Man where we are?" The boy from before interrogated, glancing at Kid Danger with distrust.

"He won't. I just watched him fight Captain Man and push him down a mountain. I'd be in jail right now if it wasn't for him." Veronika explained, trying to convince her friends that Henry no longer had any allegiance to Ray.

"So, what are you saying now? You're not Captain Man's budge anymore?" The guy asked, still not accepting that the sidekick would betray Swellview's favourite crime fighter.

"Nope. I think it's awesome how you guys go around, painting stuff like that all over the city." The kid smiled, hoping that he sounded sincere enough that Veronika and her Wall Dog chums would believe him.

"Wait! You seriously gonna let Wonder Boy roll with us?" A girl in a glittery mask piped up.

"I don't know." The boy answered, looking between Henry and Veronika with misapprehension.

"He's my friend. You don't tell me what to do." Veronika stood up to the boy, trying to be assertive and confident.

"No. But Van Del does. Call him." He replied and a Wall Dog took out his cell so they could speak to their leader. This was the start of Henry's plan to worm his way into the heart of the Wall Dog's lair. However, the wall dog who made the phone call wasn't particularly bright, and he rang the boy who gave the order. Ah, jeez, this was going to be harder than he thought.

~The Man-Cave~

Charlotte made her way down from Junk-N-Stuff, having received a notification up in the store that Ray had returned. However, what she was greeted with as she stepped out of the elevator, told her that mission hadn't gone smoothly.

Firstly, Henry was nowhere in sight, which made nerves settle in her stomach as she got the impression that something was wrong. (y/n) was crying, Ray was filthy and the way the woman had her head in her hands with Ray cradling her shaking frame made her pale as she tentatively walked over to them.