Part VII

3 and a half months later...

"You sure this'll work?"
"Of course it will. Don't you believe me, Scar?"

Me, Scar, and three other members were sitting on top of a roof, waiting for the signal. I adjusted the SWAT helmet on my head and pulled on my gloves. "Any second now, Ryuu..."

That's when I heard the fire alarm. "That's it! It's showtime!" I signalled as I clipped the cable to my belt and counted to three, "One, two... THREE!"

We all jumped through the windows on the highest floor of the warehouse and landed inside with our fake guns pointed at everyone in the room. "HANDS UP, ALL OF YOU!" Kami yelled.

The mob boss and his crew threw their guns aside and raised their hands, realizing that they were outnumbered.

Scar and I grabbed the bags of money in the centre while Team B snatched the drugs. I pretended to use the walkie talkie on my shoulder, requesting 'Backup'.

I nodded towards Team C and me, Kami and Nails left with Team C while the others continued to hold up the people in the warehouse.

We all quickly got in the back of the van the newbie was driving and he stepped on it, making a speedy getaway.

"WHOO!" I was the first to express how well the mission went.
"FUCK YEAH!" The group cheered and opened the cases, revealing stacks of cash and drugs.

"We can resell this for double!" Kami laughed, referring to the drugs. Because Rule number 21 states: 'None shall partake in drug abuse but may sell them.' it was a weird rule but I didn't come up with it.

"You did good, Hunter!" Kami patted my back and I couldn't help but smile. "Aw but it's all thanks to you guys! We wouldn't have been able to do it if it weren't for all of you!" Everyone went 'awww' and I blushed.

My phone rang and I quickly answered it.
"You guys good?" I put it on speaker.
"WE DID IT!" Scar yelled from the other line. We all cheered again, this time with Team B and the rest of A on the line.

* * *

"Fures Domo Domini!" Scar held up his jug of beer and downed it with the others. Everyone was celebrating, happy to have very full wallets.

"You sure you don't want, Hunter?" He asked, holding up a beer. "No I'm good, thanks though." He seems to always forget that I'm underaged...

"I heard you're getting promoted for today~" I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right. I wish." I glanced at Big Boss in the corner.

"I'm serious! I'm starting to regret giving you that job back then if I'd known you'd just outstage me!" He nudged me playfully and gulped down some more beer.

"Haha, yeah... Big Boss sure is scary huh?"
"Hm? Oh yeah, she's pretty intimidating. But she knows how to take care of her gang..." We both look over at Big Boss who was arm wrestling Ryuu and winning.

I paused, hearing many loud footsteps approaching the bar.
"Scar..."
"What's up?"
"Something's not right..."
His eyes widened, my gut has never been wrong before so he knows something is most definitely up.

A bunch of officers came pouring in moments later, holding up their guns pointed to our group in the corner. "Shit! Scar!" I grabbed the older male's arm and pulled him along to the back exit.
"Don't let them escape!" One officer yelled.

"C'mon! I'm not leaving you behind!" I looked back when I felt Scar pull away. "Scar? What're you doing?!"
"Just go, don't go looking for me."
"What-" he slammed the door and I heard a locking sound.

"No! Scar! Guys!" I banged on the door. "Just remember your training and you'll be fine! The code to the treasure is 2845! Don't forget!"
"Treasure? What treasure?!" He didn't answer. "Scar! What treasure?!"
"...Take care, Hunter. See you around." He finally said and I struggled with the door, trying to get it open but stopped.

The sky was starting to get dark. "No..." I glanced between the sky and door. I had no choice but to leave them behind.

I quickly ran to the forest. I was already late but maybe if I pushed hard enough, I'll make it in time. I arrived right when the hissing sounds were heard.

"I'm ready, bastard!" I grabbed a stick and took out my lighter and lit it on fire, then waved it at It who had just emerged. "Fuck you! Because of you, I can't go back to save my friends!"

It bared his teeth at me, hissing but keeping his distance. "I've been doing so well these past months! Why now?!" I was a little upset that we were raided but not surprised. Scar warned me that this might happen one day. He prepared me for when it did. I have a cash stash and everything.

I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. And I didn't even know which treasure he was referring to. He said he would do anything to make sure I didn't go to prison since he was like a big brother to me.

'Brother...' the word echoed in my head, then it started to ache and I bent over in pain, dropping the stick and crying out in agony. I managed to look up when I heard It screaming, too. "What...?" I clutched my head as another wave of pain came.

"Big brother!" I heard a little girl's voice say. My eyes shot open but there wasn't a girl in sight. "Hehe we're the same age, dummy!" I heard a little boy's voice this time and turned my head but there was no one besides me and It in this forest.

The pain quickly subsided and I sat there, panting and sweating after that episode. "What just happened?" It wasn't trying to attack me, he was just laying there, heaving as well.
"We were both affected..."

It got up but didn't attack me, instead, he glanced at me and disappeared right before my eyes. "No way is he gone for good. He'll be back..." I said while extinguishing the stick with my boot. My eyes felt heavy and I laid down.

"Just a few...minutes..." I got comfortable and fell asleep.

=========