Part III

(Third person POV)
-----

She stretched and yawned, finally awake. Last night was excruciating for her but at least she got some sleep. With no way to tell the time, she quickly got up and continued her journey as to not waste any time.

* * *

Few hours passed and she was tired again.

"Maybe I should give up..." She mumbled to herself, seeing the expanse of trees before her that doesn't seem to be lessening. "What if there isn't a way out? (Sigh)..."

She suddenly remembered that monster from the previous night. "I don't want to die here, either. I can stay and possibly get killed by that thing or try to escape."

She had already picked the latter and kept walking until she eventually broke into a jog. This time, she has covered way more distance and the trees thinned out a bit after another few hours.

'I must be getting close.'

But night time was closer. Time had flown by and she had to remain vigilant in case that creature showed up again.

She stopped and looked around, waiting for any signs of that thing. However, she had to hurry so she couldn't dawdle.

She proceeded to walk as she listened for anything out of the ordinary. Loud banging sounds were heard far off in the distance. "What?" She squinted and she could've sworn she could see colourful lights past the trees.

A hissing sound.

She spun around and sure enough, there it was.

"What do you want from me?! Why are you following me?!" She screamed at it. It let out a low growl and began to move towards her. "Just leave me alone!" She took off running again. It was catching up to her and she had a stabbing sensation in her side as she kept going, hoping that the exit was at least a little closer now.

Ahead of her was an old, rotting tree that looked like it was about to fall over. When she ran past it, she stopped to stomp the root that was desperately trying to holding it in place, snapping it and the tree began to tip.

Just as it began to tip, the creature launched itself and tried to claw at her. She ducked just in time but her long hair was sliced off cleanly but the sharp claws.

She kept going, hearing the monster roaring. She glanced over her shoulder and saw it struggling to go around it.

Not long, she noticed that she was seeing less trees than usual. She squinted her eyes to look ahead and saw...
"A path! A dirt path means civilisation!"

Not only that, there were bright flashes of light in the sky. Her eyes followed an object as it flew up then exploded into a bright ball of blue. "Wow..." She stared in awe as she ran.

However, before she could make it, the monster appeared from her left and slashed at her. She screamed as it's nails dug into her arm, leaving a huge gash that was already gushing with blood.

She stared with horrified eyes as it snarled at her. She stumbled away from it and sidestepped it, making a run for it. She was nearly there when she started to feel lightheaded from the blood loss. The world spun and her vision doubled.

"No...almost...there..." she collapsed and fell. As she laid there, the last thing she saw was the blurry colours in the dark sky.

=========