Part I

(Third person POV)
-----

A few months earlier...

Her eyes snapped open and sat up with a start. She clutched her chest as she breathed raggedly, trying to ease it. She frantically eyed her surroundings only to see darkness.

She felt around the area below her as it was closest and realised that she was in a stone box of sorts. The female tried to recall how she got here but her mind came up blank.

She put both hands beside her and pushed herself up and climbed out of the box, her bare feet touching the cold stone floor. She looked back, perplexed once she got out.
"A coffin...?"

She had just climbed out of a grave, the lid laid on the floor, broken, besides the tomb. "Am I supposed to be dead?" She asked herself, knowing she won't get an answer.

She looked at herself but didn't appear to be dead in any way. "I look fine?" Her clothes, however, were a bit ragged and dirty. It was a roughed up robe of sorts.

"Need to find a way out." She thought as she felt along the walls for anything. Her hand caught onto something. She felt a cool breeze by her bare feet. "There's an opening behind this."

She tugged at it. After a few tugs, it came loose and a loud creak was heard as the door swung open.

There was a bright light above a few steps in front of her. After climbing the steps, she flinched and covered her eyes as they tried to adjust to the sudden light.

She blinked a few times and surveyed the area. She was in a forest. Trees for miles except for the tomb she just exited, it was in an open area circled by the trees.

She turned to look at the mausoleum, it stood out as it was out in the open, nothing else in sight. It looked outdated and ancient, like an old japanese shrine of sorts.

That wasn't what caught her eye, there was many, probably more than a hundred, pages stuck to the exterior of the building. Each of them had strange markings and symbols on them.

"Weird..." The girl looked up at the tall trees, then past them. More darkness. Every direction looked exactly the same. Trees.

"I guess I'll go this way."
She began to walk in one direction with nothing else to do.

=========