BHEESHMA KNOWS EVERYTHING

Start from the beginning

FLASHBACK TO THIS MORNING

Bheeshma came to banks of river ganga, it was a secret place where he came for his solace where he can forget all his pains and responsibilities and be like child to his mother. Here Bheeshma talks to his mother about anything and everything and his mother too share what's going on in whole Arayavrat.

After listening to Arjun about Karna he couldn't stop himself to know more about karna and to know about his two teacher. From the first time meeting karna in childhood to now he always has doubt about him whether he was really just Suta. He knows Karna was adhiratha's son and adhiratha and his wife loved their son immensely and Karna too loved his family more than his life but Karna's behaviour and capabilities were of true kshatriya. This may be reason why he tried to help Karna to go outside of Hastinapur to get education. He knew Karna was different, Karna always had some divine aura around him. He can't forget his feelings on meeting Karna, on the day of Kala Pradarshan. He saw him after long term me but recognised him though his kundals. He could tell him just by looking that karna was great warrior. When he fought Karna he was proven correct. He was very curious about his teacher who could teach such formidable disciple? may be that was the reason when Dronacharya announced his full identity in the arena he didn't stop him he thought Dronacharya disdainful behaviour towards Karna would anger Karna enough to reveal his guru, But his gurudev came and stopped Drona and invited Karna himself. This raised another question in his head , Bhagwan Parshuram didn't go to any kingdom period but he came Hastinapur to watch karna and did his Coronation ceremony too. During his fight he saw Karna kavach which had Sun's symbol in it, he saw it was shining brightly along with his kundals. His kavach and kundals were surely divine as they nullified a divyastra.

There were so many questions in head like was karna really a suta? If so then how he got his kavach and kundals or his talent? If not then who was Karna? Who were his teachers? How Bhagwan Parshuram knew of him?etc, etc. He was tormented by these questions. So like every son does he too came to meet his mother and get his answers and peace.

Bheeshma : Mother where are you?  Please come to meet me. You son needs some answer.

A lady appeared from flowing river, she was wearing white Saree. She was looking divine and pure. She was human form of river Ganga.

Ganga : Son, I am here.

Bheeshma : Pranipat Maata.

Ganga : Stay blessed son. So, tell me what is tormenting you so much? You haven't been so restless since Pandu death.

Bheeshma : I know mother. I wanted to ask you about Angraj Karna. Who is he? Is he truly ordinary mortal?  Where did he get his Kavach and kundals? Who are his teachers? These questions are tormenting me mother. Please tell me about him.

Ganga : Calm down Devrath. Calm down.

Bheeshma : I can't Calm down till I got my answers mother.

Ganga : Do you really want to know about Karna, be prepared you will feel various emotions knowing about him. Some of these emotions do include anger, helplessness even betrayal.

Bheeshma (surprised) : Betrayal?

Ganga : Yes betrayal. Now do you really want to know.

Bheeshma (calmly): Yes.

Ganga : Okay then. Son you asked who is Karna? Let me tell you he is a unfortunate child which was abondoned and considered a sin by his mother. Yes son, his mother abondoned him after few hours of his birth and she put him in basket and let it afloat in me because he was born before her marriage. So to keep her father's reputation she naively left him in basket and hands of destiny. He could have died if I didn't protect him and I took him to Adhiratha as he is great devotee of me and Suryadev. I can wash all the sins but sins of that mother I can't wash.

Bheeshma : How could a mother be this cruel. To abandon her son in the river she could have given to Ashram.

Ganga : She was a child herself son. She was naive and scared of society. Don't be too harsh on her she regrets her action evey day. Now your second and third questions, No Karna is not ordinary mortal he is son and a part of sun himself. Suryadev gifted him Kavach and kundals for his protection when his mother abondoned him.He is not a sutputra but he is Suryaputra, Son. Despite being brought up by Suta his talent couldn't be suppressed like how clouds can't cover Sun. He is a Kshatriye who was brought up by suta, he was meant to be king and live happily but was scorned all his life. He is most kind soul you will ever meet.

Bheeshma was shocked, so Karna was a Devputra and Kshatriye. No wonder he has capabilities. He was happy that even unknowingly he helped a Kshatriye to get his right. He already has guessed mother of Karna as there were not many ladies who can get a Devputra and young enough to not get married. Devputra can only be born with hard penance of Dev's or boon from sages. Unmarried woman will not do such penance to get Devputra to just abandon him and he only knew one woman who has boon to get Devputras. He also remember the question Kunti asked Pandu at her swamvar. He desparetely wish he was wrong but chances were too slim.

Bheeshma : Mother, is Kunti Karna's mother.

Ganga : Yes son.

Bheeshma (angrily) : How could she do such sin. I will never forgive her. How could she left a gift of dev to die. How could be so cold hearted even vile creatures like asurs don't do such deeds. I will get justice for Karna.

Ganga : No Son, you can't it is solely dependent of Kunti to whether she wanted to accept Karna as her son or not and it will depend karna to forgive her. Your intervention could destroy the lives of both Kunti and Karna and their loved ones. You are not allowed to say anything to anybody on this topic.

Bheeshma now understand why his mother said he would have emotional rollercoaster ride, he was angry at Kunti, then felt betrayed by her for breaking his trust in her. He knew Pandu after getting curse asked Kunti to whether she wanted to adopt anyone but even then she kept quiet. If she had told them about Karna even then then Pandu would have happily accepted Karna. Now he was feeling helplessness as he can't even do anything. He can't even confront Kunti as per his oath to his mother that he will kept everything told by her a secret and was only allowed to tell whoever her mother wishes to not any body else. He shed few mournful silent tears.

Ganga : Son I know it's hard for you but no one can change anybody destiny. Now for your last question. As karna had told you how close he was to cheat Bhagwan Parshuram to be his teacher, but what he didn't tell you that, that morning after is pooja he promised a old lady to help her in the process of getting her family free from Brahman hataya and curse.

Son, he did the impossible he shouldered a shivling whose weight were increasing on every step, for fifty days while chanting “om namah shivaya” to place it in Ardhnarishwar temple. In these fifty days he quited his sleep, food and rest. He was under unimaginable pain and stress as he could not put shivling on ground even once. It was only way of helping the lady. He just did that. In the last day he was badly bleeding old lady even  told him to stop as he was in no condition to climb stairs. But he didn't stop he crawled his way up to temple and placed shivling in the temple. Then Mahadev appeared and asked him for any boon but he rejected it, saying he was only completing his promise. Mahadev was again impressed by his selfless nature, he broke the curse of old lady family and again asked Karna for boon. He asked to disciple of both Mahadev and Mata Parvati. Mahadev then asked him why both of them not him alone. Karna answered by saying he wanted complete knowledge and Mahadev was incomplete without Mata Parvati so he wanted to be disciple of both. Then Mata Parvati appeared there, she too was impressed. Both Mahadev and Mata Parvati accepted him as disciple.

Yes Son he is disciple of Ardhnarishwar themselves, he learned spear, sword fighting, creating and destroying, vyuha from Lord Kartikeya himself, knowledge, literature, axe and mace fighting from lord Ganesha, unarmed combat from Nandi, archery from lord Shiva. 64 kalas from Mata Parvati. He learnt all this under the guidance of Ardhnarishwar themselves. Though hewas taught by many it was all Ardhnarishwar themselves who guided him. He is guru bhrata of your guru Bhagwan Parshuram himself.

Bheeshma was so shocked that he couldn't even stand properly. He the sat down as he calmed down he felt proud and happy at selfless nature of karna and his accomplishments till now. He couldn't imagine Karna's teacher were Ardhnarishwar. Ganga then told about Karna's training and final test and given boon of Karna. Ganga then left but allowed Bheeshma to talk Karna about his teachers. Bheeshma too left there thinking about complicated life of Karna.

END OF FLASHBACKS.