vii. ghost world

Začít od začátku

"Yeah," Bonnie said. "Sorry, I know it's creepy, but we needed a private place around here to do the spell."

Madelyn looked around the basement, making sure to keep her hands to herself. "Isn't this the place where they burned all the witches? There's no chance it's haunted by said witches, is there?"

"They're not here anymore," Bonnie said, taking out her grimoire. "And they made it clear they were never coming back."

Madelyn nodded awkwardly before busying herself with lighting the candles around the room with Caroline.

"Ready?" Caroline asked after lighting the last candle.

"Do you need to channel..." Madelyn trailed off when she saw the Bonnie was already chanting.

The two vampires stepped back to let Bonnie have space to do her thing. A breeze flowed through the basement, growing stronger the longer Bonnie chanted.

"Bonnie, I don't like this," Caroline said, shifting on her feet nervously.

"I-It's okay," Madelyn said, though she sounded unsure. "She knows when she should stop."

Bonnie continued to chant until she felt someone grabbing her hands. The wind stopped as she opened her eyes.

"Oh, my God," Caroline said, shock evident on her features. "Is that your..."

"Grams," Bonnie said. 

"I can't believe you're here," Bonnie spoke through happy tears. 

"Now stop your crying, we don't have time for tears," Sheila said. "Nice to see you again, Caroline. Madelyn."

Caroline chuckled. "Hi, miss Sheila."

"Sheila Bennett," Madelyn said. "The last time I saw you you were still a teenager."

Sheila gave an amused smiling before turning back to Bonnie. "A fine mess you've made, honey. The witches told you there'd be consequences to bringing Jeremy back and you did it anyway."

"I didn't have a choice," Bonnie said. "I love him and I- I couldn't just let him go."

"I understand, but you cracked open the door to the other side," Sheila said. "There's an old witch over here. She took advantage of it. She took advantage of you, honey. When you did that spell to send Vicki Donovan away, she wedged the door wide open. Giving a free pass to anybody with unfinished business."

"How do you know this?" 

"Witches talk. Even on the other side. Who do you think makes all the rules?"

"What does the witch want?" Madelyn asked.

"That's Original vampire business, not yours," a new voice said. "You made sure of that when you stood up to Klaus."

Madelyn turned to the bottom of the stairs. "Guillaume."

"Mon chère soeur," William said.

"Who is he?" Caroline asked.

William smiled at the blond. "I'm her brother, and I'm here to help Bonnie return nature back to its balance."

"He's right," Sheila said. "You upset the balance of nature. And it's your duty to set it right. You need to close that door."

"How?" Bonnie asked.

"You need to destroy the talisman," William said. "She's using it to draw power from this side."

"We need to find a spell to do that." Sheila squeezed Bonnie's hands.

"The talisman? Elena's necklace?" Caroline said.