vi. smells like teen spirit

"I don't get why we're here," Madelyn huffed, rearranging Rebekah's shopping bags on her arms.

"Because," Rebekah knocked on the big wooden door in front of her, "despite telling Niklaus of our wishes to stay, I didn't truly believe he would leave us."

"Still don't understand why we're here."

Before Rebekah had a chance to answer, a tall, handsome man opened the door. Rebekah pushed past him, asking, "Where's Stefan?"

"Who the hell are you?" the man asked.

"Sorry for her manners, darling," Madelyn said, entering the house and dumping the shopping bags on the ground. "I'm Madelyn Collins-Claire and she would be Rebekah Mikaelson. I'm sure had you been at the great event of senior prank night we would've met, Damon Salvatore."

Rebekah ignored the conversation happening behind her as Damon shut the door behind Madelyn. She found Stefan in the living room with a bunch of bleeding girls playing Twister. 

"He left me here. My brother actually left me here," Rebekah whined.

"Oh, I'm sorry, your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care," Stefan said condescendingly.

"You're Klaus' sister?" Damon asked.

Rebekah turned her head towards Damon. "Yes. Pleasure, I'm sure." She turned back to Stefan. "Which one's my room?"

Stefan chuckled. "You're not staying here."

"Oh, come on, Stef," Madelyn said, making way to flop on the couch next to him. She swung her legs onto his lap. "I thought we were besties now."

Rebekah frowned. "I thought we were besties."

"We are." Madelyn dropped her feet from Stefan's lap. "It was a joke, love."

"Right." Rebekah's smile took back residency on her face. "Well, we will just find a room ourselves. Come on, Mads. Don't forget my bags."

Madelyn rolled her eyes. "With pleasure, Your Highness."

Madelyn trudged over to the bags she had thrown down, grabbing them before following Rebekah up the stairs to find a room.

"So I guess they're staying here," Stefan said.

~

"First you drag me to the Salvatore Boarding House and now you've dragged me here." Madelyn gestured dramatically gestured toward the high school hallway packed with students. "The lengths I go for the people I love."

The bell rang, signaling the start of classes.

Rebekah grabbed Madelyn's arm. "Come on, we've got to go to history."

Rebekah dragged the girl through the halls until arriving to what she resumed was history class. 

"I think I know plenty of America's history considering I lived it," Madelyn said.

"It's not about the history—well, partly—it's about the people in the history class." Rebekah pointed inside the classroom.

Madelyn looked in to see majority of Elena's friend group inside, including the teacher turned hunter. "All right, but I'm ditching the rest of today."

"Fine, only if you'll come watch cheer practice."

Madelyn groaned. "I know you've never gone to high school, Bex, but trust me, it's not as fun as you've heard."

"Come on, you haven't even given it a chance."

"Actually, I've given it plenty of chances so I could have a degree to get my job as detective in multiple different states," Madelyn said.