thrifting thief | 21

quick little thing to address: i know i forgot about tina. im so sorry.

"theres these guys, we call them sand thrifters." george calls to dream, who had been showering in the clubhouse showers. he laughs, turning off the shower and looking at george. "sand thrifters? what do they do, go shopping."

"got these fancy tech cooler bins, able to pick stuff up off the ground and steal em." george grins, winking and grabbing his towel.

the clubhouse showers had a strict, kept bathing suits on, policy. there were no naked guys just talking about thieves on a beach.

"just, look out for them. we're only one week into summer, theres gotta be some out there."

Dream brought the binoculars to his eyes, closing them against his skin and squinting. Georges words, seven weeks ago, gave him paranoia. Now every time he saw a dude with a cooler bin, he thought it was one of the damn 'sand thrifters'.

"Hey, what ya watchin'?" Noah dumped the tower keys onto the bench, putting two red flags away and grabbing a first aid kit. "The beach."

Noah sighs, smiling with his brows knitted. "George told me you haven't been at his in two days?"

"I've been staying with Mitch, George had a coding job that he's been working his ass off on, so I decided to just leave him be."

"That can't be the real reason?" Noah smirks now, looking back at the blonde who leaned forward, watching a couple with a cooler bin. "Are you and Mitch fuck buddies?" Noah asks teasingly, he only earns a slap on the arm.

"Woah watch it, I got stung by a fucking jellyfish yesterday, remember?"

"I do, you saved the little kid and then he threw a jellyfish at you." Dream snickers, looking away from the binoculars to be met with a glare. "Fuck you."

Dream shrugs, "To answer your question, yes, Mitch and I are fuck buddies."

"You've got to be- really? What the fu-." Noah kept cutting himself off, not sure how to approach the answer to the question he'd only asked as a joke. "I'm surprised you guys kept it quiet."

"Why wouldn't we? Don't want, what? seventy-eight or something lifeguards knowing that we hookup." Dream smiles, flushing down vermillion cheeks with a bottle of water. His eyes caught the couple he'd originally been watching. The girl, asking for directions from a family. She was the distraction.

Where was her boyfriend?

Behind the family, pressing the cooler to the sand, on top of what looked like a small beach bag. When he stood up properly, the bag was gone.

"Oh shit, Noah look." Dream pointed to the couple with the cooler. "You want me to look at, what exactly?"

"Sand thrifters." Dream set the binoculars down, getting up from the chair and jogging down the ramp, only once he'd hit the sand did he start sprinting. Past Tina and George who minded to the quad bikes. And when the couple looked behind them, they were on for the run too. It wasn't a moment later that Dream caught up to them, tackling the guy to the ground and grabbing the bin of stolen goods from him.

"Morning Lifeguard."

Dream looks at the girl, her features familiar, she smiled and twirled a finger around a pigtail. "Hannah?"

"You know macarons won't make me money for the whole summer." She frowns, and Dream sighs, "I'm confiscating this, i'll let you guys get out of here free if you help me sort out whos is whos."

The man shrugs, a scowl set over his face. Hannah only grins.

__

"Wonder what his problem was." Tina shrugs, looking back at George who turned on the quad bike. "George?"