Palace in the Sky (Finale)

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't expect anything less from him. At the end of the day, he's still the best warrior I've ever had the pleasure of fighting, and the day he's ready for a rematch I'll give him one." 

"Not so fast Y/N! If anyone is getting a rematch it is I!" Judging by the voice I realize who it is, and once I turn around I'm face to face with Zeus and Poseidon.

"That day will come Lord Zeus, but I had to promise my fiancées that I wouldn't fight anyone today. They're already under so much stress and I don't want to be the one to make that any worse for them." The Greek gods laugh and Zeus slaps me on the back.

"You'll be a fine husband to them Y/N. As lucky as you may think you are to be with them, they're just as lucky to be with you." Before the conversation can continue another roar of applause starts, and the group of us all see Rias, Akeno, Xenovia, Ravel, Koneko, Kuroka, Rossweisse, Ingvild, and Irina walking in from the opposite side of the mansion I entered from. Each of them is dragged into a conversation with the guests of the party so I stay with the deities as we look around the room.

"You attract some very important company Y/N," Poseidon says to me. "I guess that's to be expected of someone who has a distant relationship to the original Lucifer marrying into two of the three remaining 72 pillars."

"The best part is I don't even know most of these people." Poseidon raises an eyebrow.

"Is there no family of yours here Y/N?"

"The White Dragon Emperor, but other than that my family is dead." As if on cue Vali comes my way with Asia's arm linked to his. "Speak of the devil and he shall come." He shoves me and I start laughing as I regain my balance.

"Could you two knock it off for one day?"

"Sorry Asia," the two of us say. Unbeknownst to me the two of them have gotten quite close with each other, a pairing I didn't initially see coming but they're happy together so I can't be upset. I walk away from the group of them and join Baraqiel and Akeno while they're speaking with Lord Michael and Irina. Once I join them Baraqiel puts a hand on my shoulder and pulls me closer.

"I'm glad to see you doing well Y/N. It's been a long time coming for this day."

"Too long if you ask me, but that's my fault." Akeno and Irina come my way and I put an arm around each of them as they put their heads on my shoulders. "Thankfully everything has worked itself out beautifully."

"It's a good thing to take some time for everything," Lord Michael tells us. "You all are so young yet you've lived your lives so fast. In a few months, I can only hope you all take it even easier and make time for what really matters. It's going to be a lot of work for you all, but if any group of people can handle it I know it's you all."

"Thank you, Lord Michael," the three of us say.

"At the very least they'll have a great support system around them," Baraqiel tells the chief of the angels. "Besides, these are all good kids." He takes Akeno from me and gives her a hug. "I just wish your mother could see you now, I know she would be so proud of you." I look over at Irina and kiss her on the head.

"Are you feeling okay angel?"

"Of course Y/N, I'm here with you." I put my hand on her cheek and run one of my fingers through her hair. "I love you, my sweet Red Dragon."

"I love you too." Akeno's arms wrap around Irina and me and she lays her head on my shoulder. "I love you too Akeno."

"I know you do Y/N, I've never had to doubt that." The two of them let go of me and say their peace to Baraqiel and Michael. "We should go find Ravel, I'm sure her family wants to see you."