Know You

BONNIE
When I got home, it was getting late, and I was still wearing Marcy's shirt. I never wanted to take it off. I wanted to keep the smell of her with me.
Unfortunately, my mother was still awake when I got home. She was waiting for me in the living room, in front of the fireplace. Her platinum blond hair was tied up in a knot on the top of her head, and she was wearing her long white dressing robe. I threw on my jacket before I entered the house just in case, but still tried to sneak past the woman waiting for me. Unfortunately, that never works well with my mother.
"Hello dear. How did your research go?"
"It went well."
"Alright. I'm very proud of you for being so responsible."
"I've always liked to study, mom."
"Oh, I know. But still."
"Okay. Well. I should go to bed."
"Alright. Goodnight, sweetheart."
"Night."
I couldn't tell my mom I was seeing Marcy yet, so I had lied and told her that I was going to the library. I snuck up the long set of rococo stairs and ducked into my large bedroom. I closed the door, took off my jacket, and laid down on my bed. I pulled the shirt over my face and took a deep breath in. I imagined Marcy, the way she moved, the way she looked at me. We had been on three dates, if you count the coffee shop and the first visit to the caves, which I did. But it felt like I'd known her forever. Wait- did it really? I didn't know anything about her home life. About the things that mattered to her most. I didn't know very deeply into her mind. As much as I'd have liked to say I knew her well, I knew that wasn't true.
If I knew her well, I'd have known why she was crying on the phone.
I wanted to know Marcy. Not just date her.

A/N:
Hello! I'm sorry, I didn't realize how long it has been since I last updated. A lot of the reason is because I had an idea to make this chapter very long and detailed, but trashed the whole idea I had to make it long and detailed, and decided it would be better as a shorter chapter. I'll have the next one come out as soon as possible to make up for it.
Thanks for your patience in my lacking of consistency!
-X