Sugar and Star

BONNIE
An hour after the caves, I got a call on my cell phone. I barely ever used it, so I didn't have any contacts, and had no way of telling who this was.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Bonnie. It's Marcy."
"Marcy. Hey." Relief flooded my system. But then it was followed by dread at hearing what her voice sounded like.
"Marcy, have you been crying?"
A pause.
"Marcy, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm fine. Listen, do you want to go out tomorrow?" I smiled wide.
"Like, on a date?"
"Yeah, on a date. I want to see you again
I need the positivity of seeing you." I was blushing too hard to say words for a moment, then responded after realizing that Marcy was still waiting for an answer.
"Yeah. Yeah, of course. So, where should we go and when?"
"I'll meet you at our cave at 5pm."
"Alright. See you then."
Beep.
I closed my phone, took a deep breath, and fell backwards onto my bed, squealing uncontrollably and clutching a peppermint shaped pillow. I had a girlfriend. A girlfriend who was kind and beautiful and talented. A girlfriend who cared. All I'd ever had were boyfriends, but they'd never felt right. I mostly dated them to please my parents, but I never felt anything when I was with them.
I felt something with Marcy.
I felt everything with Marcy.
I couldn't wait to see her.
~
The next day, I arrived at our spot at the time she had told me to, but I didn't see her anywhere at first.
"Marcy?" I called. No reply. That was weird. She didn't seem like the kind of person to be late for a date. I looked around for a bit, then nearly fell over when I was shocked by a voice from above me.
"Hey, sugar." Marcy was sitting on top of the cave, kicking her legs and smiling down at me
"Marcy! You scared me!" I laughed, shaking my head. "How did you even get up there?"
"Years of practice." She grunted, jumping down to stand in front of me.
"What's up with that nickname? I'm sugar now?"
"Well," she began to explain. When I kissed you yesterday, you tasted like sugar. So I thought, why not make it your nickname?" I blushed badly and had to look away.
"Well, now I have to come up with something to call you."
"You got time, sugar. Don't rush it."
I smiled up at her, and she smiled down at me. I blushed again and had to look away. I had to stop doing that. But Marcy just laughed.
"You're so cute, Bonnie."
Well that didn't help, now I just blushing more. And she was laughing more. And my chest was pounding more.
We sat on the shore between the cave and the river and talked. About stupid stuff. Careless stuff. After about a half hour, I started to feel the heat from the sun.
"Damn, it's getting hot. I didn't think September afternoons were supposed to get hot." Marcy commented.
"Yeah, I'm really warm too." I said, fanning my face with my hand
"Well," Marcy said, standing up. "We are right next to a river." Then, she pulled off her band tee shirt just to reveal a black tanktop, and walked into the river. The water wasn't deep, it barely reached her knees, but she splashed some on her face and torso.
"Get over here, Bonnie! Aren't you hot?" She smirked and then splashed water on me.
"Oh, you've done it now." I replied, pulling off my sweater and coming in after her. We splashed water at each other until we were both soaked and the sun was almost gone. And we were laughing so hard.
"Now I'm cold." I giggled, and reached for my sweater, only to see that it had felt some of our rath from the splashfest, and was now soaked.
"Darn it." I sighed.
"Hey," Marcy said. "You can wear my shirt. It's dry."
"Thanks Marcy." I smiled, pulling it over my head. It smelled wonderful. Like lavender and a musty, warm house. The smell of comfort.
"It looks good on you." She giggled, nodding. It was a little too big for me, Marcy was so tall.
We laid down on the ground, Marcy's arm around me, her head resting on top of mine.
"Hey, look. The stars are coming out." I pointed to the sky, at the tiny lights that were developing above the different shades of blue and purple.
"They remind me of you." I said, craining my neck to look at Marcy. "Maybe that can be your nickname. Star."
"Star." She said, nodding. "Sugar and Star. I like it."