Ch. 49 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON

Start from the beginning

Avalon glanced over to see Scott doing a couple hand gestures to Malia making her sigh and shake her head slightly. Malia flicked out her claws and went to swipe at Deucalion but he quickly spun around and stepped back making her miss again. 

She charged at him again but he just moved over and slightly pushed her to the ground making her groan. He held his hand out to help her up but she just swatted his hand away before standing up by herself. "Okay, so you can protect yourself. But what about everyone else who doesn't know Bagua? They're just gonna get their eyes stabbed out?" She asked and he took a deep breath. 

"Look what that war turned me into. I'm not afraid to lose my eyes again. I'm afraid to lose my soul." He said, glancing back at Scott before moving to walk away, "So you won't help us?" Avalon asked making him stop at the door and turn to her. "I didn't say I wouldn't help you. I can offer you guidance. And, my first piece of advice? You might need to lower your standards for allies." He said and Scott raised his eyebrows, "I thought I was." He said and Deucalion looked at him in amusement. 

"Lower than me."

⚔ 

"Why did he want to meet here?" Avalon asked as she, Scott and Malia walked through the halls the Eichen house, "Why did he agree to meet at all?" Malia asked as they turned to walk through a gate to see Peter leaning against on at the other end of the hall. 

"Curiosity. Mostly." He said and they nodded slowly, "Okay. I need your help." Scott said and Peter raised his eyebrows. "With what? Another suicide mission? Not interested." He said before looking at Malia, "Or, do you need my help?" He asked and she shook her head. "I'm here for moral support, so is Avalon." She said and Avalon nodded slightly, "Moral support for him, or for me?" Peter asked and Avalon looked at him weird. 

"Pretty sure you'd need to have morals first." She said making him roll his eyes, "You helped us fight the Ghost Riders-" Scott started to say but Peter cut him off. "Self-preservation." He said and Scott sighed and nodded, "But we couldn't have won without you. You're stronger than all of us. You were the real reason the Wild Hunt-" Scott said but Peter cut him off again. 

"Stop. A solid effort, but you don't need to appeal to my ego- it's quite healthy." Peter said and Avalon cocked an eyebrow, "And large." She mumbled making Peter squint at her before looking at Scott again. "And you're gonna need to work a lot harder than that if you want my help." He said making Scott raise his eyebrows, "What do you want?" He asked. 

"Everything pretty much is the way I want it. My penthouse apartment is filled with mid-century furniture. My passport has more stamps than the post office. And did you see the car parked out front? That's a Shelby One Thousand Cobra- there are only one hundred in the entire world. I have two. Two!" Peter said.

"But Gerard has an army, and every single one of them want you dead." Scott said and Peter looked at him, "And you think that means I'm going to enlist in your little endeavor? Because you're going to defeat Gerard? You're not going to beat him, Scott. And let me show you why." Peter said before before flipping a switch to a power box. 

The light in the cell next to then turned on making them look over to see a hunter laying on the bed with a rifle in front of him before he notices them. "When I found him, that was pointed at my face. That's a G36, which fires 750 rounds per minute. And, it's empty... For the moment." Peter said before tossing the guy a loaded clip through the lunch tray. 

"Peter, wait!" 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

"You're insane."